Senda Biosciences is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company developing a novel platform to design, manipulate, and deliver microbes to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. Senda was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovative enterprise that conceives, creates, funds, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied its hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster over 75 scientific ventures, resulting in $19 billion in aggregate value and 500+ issued patents. These companies include Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Moderna (MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health, Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Indigo, and Inari Agriculture. Since inception, Flagship has capitalized its growing portfolio with nearly $1 billion coming from $2.5 billion of aggregate investor capital committed.
The Microbiology Research Associate will be primarily responsible for performing a variety of molecular cloning techniques, culturing, and characterizing a variety of prokaryotic and eukaryotic organisms. Further, the candidate will assist in in vitro assay development and deployment, including transition to high-throughput scale designs. This individual will be a key member of Senda’s dynamic, expanding, and collaborative team that combines significant experience in microbe-host interactions, drug delivery, gene editing, tissue engineering, and human health to unlock the potential of the company’s core technological platform.
- Work with senior research staff to design and execute experiments
- Conduct quantitative molecular biology assays
- Assist in the production and characterization of microbial products
- MS in a biology or engineering-related field (or BS plus 2 years of experience)
- Experience with variety of bacterial cloning, transfection, and culture methods
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Familiar with mammalian cell culture and transfection
- Familiar with molecular assays: qPCR, electrophoresis, and ELISA
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- Fluorescent microscopy
- Flow cytometry
- Protein purification
- High-throughput analysis utilizing automation and/or liquid handling technologies
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.