Founded by Flagship Pioneering’s VentureLabs, Omega Therapeutics is a genomic medicine enterprise transforming medicine and patient care through precision genomic control. Our platform selectively orchestrates the human genome to treat and cure disease by precisely controlling genomic expression without changing nucleic acid sequences.
Insulated Genomic Domains (IGDs) function as fundamental regulators, or GenomStats™, of transcription. Omega’s platform and knowledge base identifies IGDs and their transcriptional functions in both healthy and diseased states across cell types. This scientific insight drives our discovery and development of genomic modulators, Omega Controllers™, which we engineer to precisely tune genomic activity to desired therapeutic levels without altering the sequence of the genetic code. We are developing precision therapeutics for a range of disease indications including rare genetic diseases, immunology, inflammation, metabolic diseases, and oncology.
Omega Therapeutics is a privately held, well-funded, early stage biotechnology company, backed by a strong leadership team and a first-class scientific advisory team, including Noubar Afeyan (Flagship Ventures), David Berry (Flagship Ventures), Richard Young (Whitehead Institute) and Rudolf Jaenisch (Whitehead Institute).
Omega Therapeutics is seeking a Research Associate or Senior Research Associate to join our Discovery Biology team to develop and advance our transcription modulation programs, from early development to proof-of-concept and beyond. The successful candidate must be scientifically motivated self-starter, capable of working with minimal supervision, conducting and critically analyzing experiments. The successful candidate will collaborate with senior project scientists and other research associates to design and complete in vitro proof-of-concept and in vivo translational studies on aggressive timelines.
Omega’s technology is on the frontier of gene therapy. We are looking for enthusiastic, detail oriented and highly motivated individuals who are comfortable working on a fast-paced scientific team and driven to see their efforts quickly translated to the clinic.
- Execution of mammalian cell culture and cell-based assays with functional and molecular readouts
- Implementation of developed protocols, and contribution to new technique development
- Assist in maintaining general laboratory functionality, including lab equipment/reagent maintenance and the ordering and receiving of lab supplies
- Clear written documentation (ELN, SOPs) and routine presentation of research findings and protocols with internal scientific team
- An organized and detail-oriented personality, with sound troubleshooting/problem-solving competency
- Ability to accurately follow developed protocols, with the aptitude to learn and assist in new technique development
- Must demonstrate meticulous experimental technique and be comfortable working with high-throughput assay formats
- Strong experience in mammalian cell culture and cell-based assays
- Broad molecular biology expertise in RNA/DNA/protein isolation and analysis
- Experience with gene modulation techniques including RNAi, CRISPR-Cas9, and/or use of AAV- and lentiviral vectors
- Strong presentation and excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with diligent notetaking, ELN records and adherence to SOPs
- Demonstrated ability working with highly skilled teams in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and technical setting
- Comfortable delivering against challenging project needs and timelines
- Flexibility and willingness to learn in a rapidly changing, growing organization.
- Some knowledge of chromatin and/or epigenetics
- Some knowledge of oncology
- S./B.A. or M.S./M.A. in Molecular Biology, Genetics or a related field with 1-3+ years industry experience