Founded by Flagship Pioneering’s VentureLabs, Omega Therapeutics is a genomic medicine enterprise transforming medicine and patient care through precision genomic control. Our platform selectively orchestrates the human genome to treat and cure disease by precisely controlling genomic expression without changing nucleic acid sequences.
Insulated Genomic Domains (IGDs) function as fundamental regulators, or GenomStats™, of transcription. Omega’s platform and knowledge base identifies IGDs and their transcriptional functions in both healthy and diseased states across cell types. This scientific insight drives our discovery and development of genomic modulators, Omega Controllers™, which we engineer to precisely tune genomic activity to desired therapeutic levels without altering the sequence of the genetic code. We are developing precision therapeutics for a range of disease indications including rare genetic diseases, immunology, inflammation, metabolic diseases, and oncology.
- Develop and perform standard lab assays including cell biology, protein analysis, molecular biology including gene expression analysis, cell and animal sample processing
- Cell biology: expand and bank cells, culture suspension and adherent cell lines and primary cells in a variety of formats, optimize transfection conditions, harvest cells and genetic material
- Protein analysis: western blotting, plate-based immunoassays, in-cell western blotting, Licor platform, HPLC
- Molecular biology: PCR, restriction digests, agarose gels, molecular cloning (Gibson, Golden Gate) into target plasmids, RNA analysis (e.g. Bioanalyzer), qPCR
- Sample processing: optimizing cell and tissue lysis and fixation, harvesting total RNA and protein
- Independently plan and conduct experiments, communicating progress and embracing feedback to and from all stakeholders
- Eagerness to work in a team-first environment with both a sense of urgency and high attention to detail
- Document all experimental planning and progress in electronic lab notebook, prepare PowerPoint slides
- Maintain and keep detailed track records of samples & locations, information, databases
- Title will depend on experience
- B.S. in relevant field with 2-5 years industry experience, or M.S. in relevant field with 1-3 years industry experience
- Experience with technologies associated with key responsibilities
- Flexible and adaptable to change