Senda Biosciences, Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company built out of Flagship Labs, the company creation unit of Flagship Pioneering. Senda is pioneering an innovative platform for precise, robust, versatile targeting of therapeutics, through both oral and systemic routes of administration, for a wide range of indications. We are seeking to hire an innovative and highly motivated Bioprocess Engineer/Scientist to join us in developing a transformative platform for precision targeting of therapeutics. The engineer/scientist will be responsible for designing and implementing new methods for particle isolation, purification, and analysis. Employees will enjoy a dynamic, rapidly expanding organization that will have a broad impact on human health. We offer competitive starting salary and benefits.
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources and develops first-in-category life sciences companies. The firm’s institutional innovation foundry, Flagship Labs, is where Flagship's team of scientific entrepreneurs systematically evolve ideas into new fields and turn previously undiscovered areas of science into real- world inventions and ventures. These companies include, for instance, Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:SYRS), and Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ:RUBY). Flagship manages more than $2 billion in funds and, since 2000, the firm has applied its hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster over 75 scientific ventures, resulting in $19 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and refining isolation techniques for particles
- Assessing particle purity post isolation
- Analyzing particle size and content
- Identifying and developing ways to move from batch towards continuous bioprocessing
- Managing projects with vendors and CMOs
- Scaling up existing lab scale isolation and purification processes
- Collaborating closely with other team members
- Troubleshooting and design of novel approaches
- PhD. in bioengineering, process engineering, biology, or a related discipline
- Experience with diverse downstream bioprocessing technologies
- Experience with TFF, ATF, depth filtration, dialysis, chromatography, microfluidics or other separation technologies
- Execution-focused, team-oriented, and highly motivated, with strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects concurrently and collaborate across disciplines
- Strong verbal, written communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic, innovative environment
- Experience with nanoscale to microscale therapeutic delivery modalities
- Experience with large-scale microbial or eukaryotic fermentation.