What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform healthcare and sustainability?
Serqet Therapeutics is one of the latest companies founded through Flagship Pioneering’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics, Rubius Therapeutics, and Evelo Therapeutics were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $19+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents. Serqet therapeutics is integrating the latest developments in computational and experimental biology to discover novel therapeutics for a broad range of diseases.
We are seeking a curious and collaborative Contract Scientist to join our discovery biology team. You will conceive, conduct, and analyze experiments to evaluate new pathways using human cellular models to discover new targets in a broad range of disease related models. This role requires a results-driven attitude with a sharp focus on quantifiable outcomes and attention to detail that will drive relentless innovation and optimization. The candidate must be highly collaborative, self-motivated, team-oriented, and have excellent communication, organizational, and computer skills. This candidate must be able to hit the ground running.
- Provide expert input into evaluating and understanding of biological questions with the aim of identifying tractable therapeutic targets.
- Establish and conduct cellular, biochemical, and bioanalytical assays for target validation using hPSC-derived cellular models.
- Invest in developing scientific staff.
- Analyze, interpret, and communicate scientific data.
- BSc or MSc degree, or equivalent, in neuroscience, cell biology, or immunology with at least 3 years of industry or academic research experience.
- Background in inflammation, and/or glial cell biology, and experience with human iPSC-derived cellular models is preferred.
- Highly experienced in biochemical assay development, western blotting, ELISA- and TR-FRET-based platforms.
- Exceptional proficiency in molecular biology techniques.
- Proficiency in developing cell-based functional assays including in primary neuronal and/or glial cultures.
- Ability to work productively in a fast-paced environment that requires a high level of communication, collaboration, and organization.
More About Flagship Pioneering
We are creative optimists and we would love for you to consider joining our team! See all our open opportunities across Flagship Pioneering’s Ecosystem!
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship is backed by more than $4.4 billion of aggregate capital commitments, of which over $1.9 billion has been deployed toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $10 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including: Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics, Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: SYRS).
We believe pioneering is best done by teams, and that it is a process that can be taught, learned, and replicated. Learn more about our Company Creation Model.
Can Breakthrough Innovations Be Made Systematically? A Conversation With Noubar Afeyan, Flagship Pioneering’s CEO.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.