Senda Biosciences, Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company built out of Flagship Labs, the company creation unit of Flagship Pioneering. Senda is pioneering an innovative therapeutic delivery platform for precise, robust, versatile drug targeting, through both oral and systemic routes of administration, for a wide range of indications. We are seeking to hire an innovative and highly motivated Lab Manager to join us in developing a transformative platform for precision targeting of therapeutics. Employees will enjoy a dynamic, rapidly expanding organization that will have a broad impact on human health. We offer competitive starting salary and benefits.
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources and develops first-in-category life sciences companies. The firm’s institutional innovation foundry, Flagship Labs, is where Flagship's team of scientific entrepreneurs systematically evolve ideas into new fields and turn previously undiscovered areas of science into real- world inventions and ventures. These companies include, for instance, Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:SYRS), and Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ:RUBY). Flagship manages more than $2 billion in funds and, since 2000, the firm has applied its hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster over 75 scientific ventures, resulting in $19 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
We are seeking a Lab Manager with excellent interpersonal and managerial skills. The Lab Manager plays a vital role in the overall safety of the laboratory and is responsible for enabling the daily operations of the lab. Laboratory organization duties will include implementing a system to catalog materials, maintaining an inventory of laboratory supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies and verifying receipt. The Lab Manager will collaborate with R&D members to provide general support with their studies. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team that works on next generation therapeutic communication and delivery platforms.
Key responsibilities include:
- Purchase of laboratory supplies and equipment
- Implement procedures for storage and inventory of purchased and in-house generated reagents
- Coordinate with facility operations and maintenance to keep the lab running smoothly
- Manage liquid nitrogen inventory
- Serve as the primary point of contact with vendors and laboratory service providers
- Maintain lab operation protocols for tissue culture and general lab areas and oversee compliance
- Conduct orientation and annual safety training for all lab personnel as needed
- Assist project teams with ongoing operational needs and participate in experiments as needed
- Ensure electronic notebook compliance and record keeping
- Maintain overall lab organization and cleanliness
- B.S. or M.S. in Biology, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Science, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Biomedical Engineering or related discipline, with at least 3+ years of relevant laboratory experience in industry settings
- Successful track record in laboratory and team management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience as biosafety and/or chemical safety officer
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Eager to work with highly-skilled and dynamic teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical setting
- Experience with lipids or liposomes
- Experience culturing mammalian or plant cells
- Experience with fermenters
- Experience with bioprocessing techniques (e.g. size filtration or tangential flow filtration)
- Experience in microbiology techniques
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.