Tessera Therapeutics is pioneering Gene Writing to cure disease. Our genome is a mosaic comprising genes that protect us from, predispose us to, and cause disease. Gene Editing biotechnologies heralded the era of genome-modifying medicines, but they cannot address most diseases. Gene Writing is a new biotechnology that writes therapeutic messages into the genome to cure thousands of diseases at their source.
Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovation enterprise that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Moderna (MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health (AXLA), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
We are seeking a dynamic individual to manage the day-to-day operations in a start-up biotech environment. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to help build and grow an organization. The successful candidate will be able to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment, be able to be flexible with exceptional multi-tasking skills to manage competing priorities. In this critical role, you will serve as the primary day-to-day interface between our company and its service providers, vendors, and consultants. This position requires great attention to detail, organization, and professionalism, and the ability to maintain an efficient business environment.
- Proactively identify the needs to build and run daily office activities including establishing and maintaining electronic and hard copy filing systems, and mail.
- Manage office systems including document control, filing systems, information systems, supply management and inventory control of fixed assets.
- Manage day-to-day interactions with vendors including facilities, purchasing, IT, HR, finance, and legal service providers.
- Manage activities related to ordering and receiving of supplies and
- Depending on prior experience, support contracts and confidentiality agreements, IP filings, and management.
- Provide day-to-day administrative support as needed to key members of the Company, Management Team, and Key Consultants including travel support, as well as scheduling Board of Directors, client and other business meetings. The need for this support will change as the organization grows.
- Assist Leaders with expense reports as needed.
- Work with team to assist with prospective candidate, including interview scheduling, travel support, and logistics.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 6 plus years office management experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience in start-up environment strongly preferred; biotech experience will be favorably considered.
- Demonstrated flexibility and professional maturity to readily understand priorities and anticipate needs.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and deliver on the most critical assignments on time and within budget.
- Must have a positive “can do” attitude, be a consummate team player, show excellent judgment as well as work well independently.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint, along with experience setting up systems and databases.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills including attention to detail and ability to effectively multi-task with a willingness to perform a wide range of tasks including working with confidential information.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and maintain a high standard of confidentiality.