Tessera Therapeutics is pioneering Gene Writing to cure disease. Our genome is a mosaic comprising genes that protect us from, predispose us to, and cause disease. Gene Editing biotechnologies heralded the era of genome-modifying medicines, but they cannot address most diseases. Gene Writing is a new biotechnology that writes therapeutic messages into the genome to cure thousands of diseases at their source.
Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovation enterprise that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Moderna (MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health (AXLA), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
The Analytical Development Scientist will primarily be responsible for leading method development and materials characterization to support Gene Writer reagent production, and will have the opportunity to work closely with other functional groups in Tessera R&D. We are searching for a driven, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who is comfortable multitasking and working independently on various aspects of the platform. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team.
- Analyzing the quality of internally and externally produced RNA, RNA formulations, viral vectors, and proteins using pharmacopeia methods as well as internally developed, product-specific methods
- Developing robust and appropriate analytical methods for purity, identity, potency, and impurities
- Identifying, vetting, and on-boarding the appropriate analytical technologies
- Choosing, maintaining and troubleshooting analytical instruments
- Working closely with external CROs and CDMOs in method transfer, qualification, and validation
- Managing timelines and deliverables for assay development projects
- Assisting in the technical review of supporting documents, reports, and change controls
- M.S. in analytical chemistry or related field with at least 5 years of relevant industry experience, or Ph.D. in analytical or bioanalytical chemistry with at least 2 years of working experience
- Expertise in analytical method development and transfer for mRNA
- Knowledge of protein, and viral vector analytical methods
- Proficient at high-performance liquid chromatography, size exclusion chromatography, mass spectrometry, dynamic light scattering
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- Eager to work with highly-skilled and dynamic teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical setting.
- Experience developing and transferring assays for autologous cell therapies and/or gene therapies.
- Knowledge and experience of gene and cell therapy GMP and CMC regulations including ATMP regulations.
- Experience directing work at contract testing organizations.
RECRUITING & STAFFING AGENCIES: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.