FVL59, Inc. is a privately held, well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company leveraging novel insights in RNA biology from its proprietary platform to identify novel disease targets and develop new therapeutic modalities. FVL59 is developing new therapeutic strategies to treat or cure a range of diseases including rare genetic disease, neurological disease, and oncology.
FVL59, Inc. was founded by Flagship Pioneering in the Flagship Labs innovation foundry, where companies such as Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT), Sana Biotechnology, and Indigo Agriculture were conceived and created. Flagship has created over 100 scientific ventures resulting in $19+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and 50+ clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
We are seeking a Research Associate to join our passionate team of scientists. The candidate will work closely with VL59 scientists to advance our understanding of disease biology and our proprietary therapeutics programs, from target ID, to therapeutic proof of concept, early drug discovery and beyond.
Successful candidates will be self-starters, able to thrive in a fast-paced, action-oriented team environment and display a clear passion for science and impact. The individual will have demonstrated evidence of agility and nimbleness to progress scientific discoveries, and an overt attitude of positivity when facing challenges. He/She will be dedicated to develop and grow outside his/her comfort zone by constantly learning.
- Execute cellular and molecular primary screening assays to support target validation, drug discovery projects.
- Execute and troubleshoot Cell-based assays and molecular assays such as qPCR, Nextgen sequencing, and western blot analyses.
- Mammalian cell culture, including primary and patient derived cell lines, and creation of knock-out/knock-down/overexpression cell lines.
- Analyze, interpret, and organize data to prepare clearly articulated experimental reports and communicate the results of the projects at internal meetings
- Work closely with an entrepreneurial, highly-collaborative, interdisciplinary team and actively contribute to creating, shaping and executing the scientific and strategic vision of the company
- M.S. or B.S. in Biology, Cell or Molecular Biology or related field
- 2+ Industry research experience is preferred
- Strong experimental skills with experience in mammalian cell biology (e.g. cell culture, transfection), cell-based assays (e.g. viability assays), molecular biology assays (e.g. qPCR, western blots)
- A strong self-starter, independent thinker, with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- Confident execution focused, team-oriented with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Experience in drug discovery screening is preferred
- Experience in genetic manipulation (using e.g. CRISPR, RNAi, etc..) is preferred
RECRUITING & STAFFING AGENCIES: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.