FVL59, Inc. is a privately held, well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company leveraging novel insights in RNA biology from its proprietary platform to identify novel disease targets and develop new therapeutic modalities. FVL59 is developing new therapeutic strategies to treat or cure a range of diseases including rare genetic disease, neurological disease, and oncology.
FVL59, Inc. was founded by Flagship Pioneering in the Flagship Labs innovation foundry, where companies such as Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT), Sana Biotechnology, and Indigo Agriculture were conceived and created. Flagship has created over 100 scientific ventures resulting in $19+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and 50+ clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
We are seeking a Research Associate to join our passionate research team. You will have the unique opportunity to take an active role in creating a new modality and building our novel therapeutic platform. The Research Associate will work closely with FVL59 scientists to design and build biological systems to model the mode-of-action of our modalities. You will also design, develop and optimize molecular assays to robustly assess function of our new therapeutic modality.
Successful candidates will be self-starters, able to thrive in a fast-paced, action-oriented team environment and display a clear passion for science and impact. The individual will have demonstrated evidence of agility and nimbleness to progress scientific discoveries, and an overt attitude of positivity when facing challenges. He/She will be dedicated to develop and grow outside his/her comfort zone by constantly learning.
- Design, execution and troubleshooting of molecular biology experiments as well as data analysis.
- Independently carry out experiments involving molecular cloning, RNA/DNA purification, purification of nucleic acid-protein complexes (e.g. ChIP, CLIP)
- Readout of experimental results by molecular assays such as qPCR, next gen sequencing, enzymatic activity assays, and western blot analyses.
- Mammalian cell culture, and creation of knock-out/knock-down/overexpression cell lines as needed.
- Maintain meticulous lab notes and report data and analysis to scientific and management team
- Coordinate project ordering, manage laboratory stocks and inventory, maintain equipment, and ensure compliance with EHS policies.
- M.S. or B.S. in Biology, Biochemistry or Molecular Biology or related field with 2+ years of laboratory research experience.
- Strong experimental skills with experience in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry and assay development.
- Experience with RNA purification from mammalian cells, cDNA synthesis, qPCR, and molecular cloning is essential
- Experience with purification of protein and protein-nucleic acid complexes from mammalian cells, e.g. IP, ChIP, RIP, CLIP, or chromatography.
- A strong self-starter, independent thinker, with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- Confident, execution focused, team-oriented with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Hands-on experience with Nextgen sequencing library preparation from purified samples is a plus
RECRUITING & STAFFING AGENCIES: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.