Senda Biosciences, Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company built out of Flagship Labs, the company creation unit of Flagship Pioneering. Senda is pioneering an innovative therapeutic delivery platform for precise, robust, versatile drug targeting, through both oral and systemic routes of administration, for a wide range of indications. We are seeking to hire an innovative and highly motivated Formulations Scientist to join us in developing a transformative delivery platform for precision targeting of therapeutics. As a member of this early team of scientists, you can expect to engage deeply in interdisciplinary research. Employees will enjoy a dynamic, rapidly expanding organization that will have a broad impact on human health. We offer a competitive starting salary and benefits.
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources and develops first-in-category life sciences companies. The firm’s institutional innovation foundry, Flagship Labs, is where Flagship's team of scientific entrepreneurs systematically evolve ideas into new fields and turn previously undiscovered areas of science into real- world inventions and ventures. These companies include, for instance, Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:SYRS), and Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ:RUBY). Flagship manages more than $2 billion in funds and, since 2000, the firm has applied its hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster over 75 scientific ventures, resulting in $19 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design and optimize novel lipid formulations for active molecule delivery systems, while providing critical input on our overall formulation strategy
- Develop loading/encapsulation strategies for various classes of cargo
- Develop novel in vitro and in vivo assays for evaluating functionality, targeting efficiency and potency of novel delivery modalities for oral and for systemic administration
- Execute experiments that will serve as the basis for the company’s ongoing platform and intellectual property development
- PhD. in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Science, Chemical Engineering, Cell Biology, Molecular biology, Immunology or related discipline, with at least 3+ years of relevant laboratory experience, in academic, or industry settings
- Demonstrated strong background in developing diverse formulation and lipid nanoparticle-based delivery systems
- Experience with in vivo delivery of small molecules, nucleic acids, and proteins
- Execution-focused, team-oriented, and highly motivated, with strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects concurrently and collaborate across disciplines
- Strong verbal, written communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic, innovative environment
- Experience with exogenous loading of liposomes, exosomes, or related vesicles
- Experience with covalent lipid modifications
- Experience with proteomics and lipidomics
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.