FL65, Inc. is a privately held, early-stage company developing a platform for decoupling complex interactions between organisms to solve global challenges in human health and sustainability. The company leverages a multidisciplinary approach that integrates tools ranging from multi-omics and machine learning to synthetic biology and precision agriculture.
FL65 was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovative enterprise that conceives, creates, funds, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Moderna (MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health (AXLA), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
We are seeking a creative, motivated engineer with experience developing and deploying machine learning models to answer complex biological questions in health and disease. The role will involve implementing, testing, and optimizing machine learning models, and contributing to a growing codebase of such models. The successful candidate will support and work closely with other scientists and engineers along with the Flagship Pioneering team to rapidly advance the scientific program.
- Develop and deploy novel machine learning algorithms for classification or regression models of biological and chemical data
- Manage and contribute to codebase
- Maintain scientific and technical expertise through familiarity with scientific and technical literature
- Work closely with an entrepreneurial, highly-collaborative, interdisciplinary team and actively contribute to creating, shaping and executing the scientific vision of the company
- Jump in and help with whatever is needed to get the job done: we are in this together!
- Ph.D in computer science, statistics, computational biology, bioinformatics, or closely related field or MS with 5+ years of industrial experience
- Experience with deploying machine learning models on AWS
- Experience with machine learning frameworks, such as Scikit-learn, Tensorflow, or PyTorch
- Expertise in python programming
- Experience with cheminformatic and bioinformatics toolkits and libraries, such as RDKit or Biopython
- Understanding of biology and genetic, proteomic, and molecular datasets
- Experience working with deep learning models, probabilistic graphical models, or other machine learning models of high-dimensional biological data
- Self-motivated and curious with strong desire to both learn from and teach others
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills