FVL59, Inc. is a privately held, well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company leveraging novel insights in RNA biology from its proprietary platform to identify novel disease targets and develop new therapeutic modalities. FVL59 is developing new therapeutic strategies to treat or cure a range of diseases including rare genetic disease, neurological disease, and oncology.
FVL59, Inc. was founded by Flagship Pioneering in the Flagship Labs innovation foundry, where companies such as Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT), Sana Biotechnology, and Indigo Agriculture were conceived and created. Flagship has created over 100 scientific ventures resulting in $19+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and 50+ clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
We are seeking a scientist in RNA biology to join our passionate team of scientists. You will have the unique opportunity to take an active role in building our proprietary discovery platform. You will implement platform tools and create new technologies to discover new disease targets based on our proprietary insights into RNA biology.
Successful candidates will be self-starters, able to thrive in a fast-paced, action-oriented team environment and display a clear passion for science and impact. The individual will have demonstrated evidence of agility and nimbleness to progress scientific discoveries, and an overt attitude of positivity when facing challenges. He/She will be dedicated to develop and grow outside his/her comfort zone by constantly learning.
- Design, execution and troubleshooting of in vivo and in vitro RNA interaction assays in mammalian systems to support target discovery and advance programs in rare disease and oncology.
- Development of novel, innovative, high-throughput assays for target discovery.
- Analysis, interpretation, documentation and presentation of data to scientific and management team.
- Oversee, mentor and train research associates.
- Maintain scientific and technical expertise through familiarity with scientific literature, attending conferences, and developing relationships with thought leaders.
- Work closely with an entrepreneurial, highly-collaborative, interdisciplinary team and actively contribute to creating, shaping and executing the scientific and strategic vision of the company.
- Ph.D. in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biological Engineering or related field, with an emphasis in RNA biology/biochemistry.
- Post-doctoral research or 2+ years of industry experience is preferred.
- Experience with RNA immunoprecipitation (RIP/CLIP), biochemical techniques (protein isolation/purification, in vitro and cell-based binding assays, etc…)
- Deep molecular biology experience with DNA/RNA manipulation, next-gen sequencing library construction, PCR/qPCR
- A strong self-starter, independent thinker, with attention to detail and eagerness to contribute ideas.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- Candidate must be confident, execution-focused, and team-oriented with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Experience with creating and troubleshooting custom library prep workflows is a plus
- Expertise in the field of chromatin biology or transcription regulation a plus.
RECRUITING & STAFFING AGENCIES: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.