FVL59, Inc. is a privately held, well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company leveraging novel insights in RNA biology from its proprietary platform to identify novel disease targets and develop new therapeutic modalities. FVL59 is developing new therapeutic strategies to treat or cure a range of diseases including rare genetic disease, neurological disease, and oncology.
FVL59, Inc. was founded by Flagship Pioneering in the Flagship Labs innovation foundry, where companies such as Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT), Sana Biotechnology, and Indigo Agriculture were conceived and created. Flagship has created over 100 scientific ventures resulting in $19+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and 50+ clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
We are seeking a scientist in molecular biology to join our passionate team of scientists. You will have the unique opportunity to take an active role in creating a new modality and building our novel therapeutic platform. You will design and build biological systems to model the mode-of-action of our modalities. You will also design, develop and optimize molecular assays to robustly assess function of our new therapeutic modality.
Successful candidates will be self-starters, able to thrive in a fast-paced, action-oriented team environment and display a clear passion for science and impact. The individual will have demonstrated evidence of agility and nimbleness to progress scientific discoveries, and an overt attitude of positivity when facing challenges. He/She will be dedicated to develop and grow outside his/her comfort zone by constantly learning.
- Design, execution and troubleshooting of molecular biology/biochemistry assay to support the development of new modalities to advance our technologies and programs
- Analysis, interpretation, documentation and presentation of data to scientific and management team
- Oversee, mentor and train research associates
- Maintain scientific and technical expertise through familiarity with scientific literature, attending conferences, and developing relationships with thought leaders
- Work closely with an entrepreneurial, highly-collaborative, interdisciplinary team and actively contribute to creating, shaping and executing the scientific and strategic vision of the company
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Biological Engineering or related field.
- Post-doctoral research or 2+ years of industry experience complementing the PhD work
- Demonstrated track record of achievement, as evidenced by publications in high impact journals
- Experience with advanced molecular biology techniques (scalable molecular cloning, NGS library construction), immunoprecipitation techniques (ChIP, ChIP-seq) and cell line transfection/transduction is essential
- A strong self-starter, independent thinker, with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- Confident, execution focused, team-oriented with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Experience with RNA-protein interactions or chromatin biology techniques is preferred
- Additional experience in cell line engineering and primary screening assays would be a plus
RECRUITING & STAFFING AGENCIES: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.