LARONDE Inc., is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company with the mission to become the leader in the development of nucleic acid medicines by leveraging its multi-modality eRNA platform. LARONDE has developed a powerful technology exploiting the properties of naturally occurring eRNAs allowing the development of therapies with exceptional precision and durability of expression, to address unmet needs across multiple disease areas.
LARONDE was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 100 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO) and Indigo Agriculture.
LARONDE is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our team.
LARONDE is seeking a Scientist to join our expanding team as part of our translational biology team supporting projects within a broad therapeutic platform. The candidate must be independent, goal-oriented and able to work in team settings. He/she must be able to multi-task and be an effective team leader. The ideal applicant will be an experienced and creative scientist with a strong background in tissue culture and assay development. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, development and execution of in vitro and cell-based assays with the goal to demonstrate functionality of our nucleic acid modalities.
The level of the role (Scientist/Senior Scientist) will depend on experience and qualifications.
- Developing disease models for in vitro proof-of-concept.
- Ability to design novel experimental approaches and execute in vitro and cell-based experiments.
- Extensive experience with tissue culture and cell-based assays such as flow cytometry, plate-reader based activity assays, ELISAs, IHC, qPCR and Western blotting.
- Critical data analysis, attention to details, and troubleshooting abilities.
- Experience with managing projects with vendors and CROs.
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and data in electronic laboratory notebook in accordance with company policy.
- B.Sc./M.Sc. in biology or related field and 8+ years of industry experience, or Ph.D. and 3+ years of experience in bio-pharmaceutical industry.
- Execution-focused, team-oriented, highly motivated and with strong work ethics.
- Ability to work independently, multi-tasking and collaborate across disciplines.
- Excellent presentation, verbal/written communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic and innovative environment.
- Experience in working with RNA, including extraction from tissue.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.