Cellarity, Inc. is a privately held, well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company that is pioneering a novel transformative therapeutic approach.
Cellarity was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO), and Indigo Agriculture. Cellarity is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our team.
Cellarity is seeking a talented and highly motivated Principal Scientist in Immunology to play a vital role in the company’s efforts to validate novel target discovery approaches. The candidate will be responsible for driving the discovery and development of Cellarity’s Immunology programs in areas including immune-oncology and inflammatory disease to identify novel therapeutic interventions. The successful candidate will work closely with the Cellarity leadership team and scientists, as well as the Flagship Pioneering team to rapidly advance the scientific program. They will be comfortable working in and contributing to a highly dynamic and cross-functional team environment. The ideal candidate must be independent, open-minded, be goal-oriented, have excellent communication skills and work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated experience in the discovery and preclinical development of immune therapeutics
- Demonstrated expertise in the field of immunology, cell biology, and/or genetics
- Broad experience in assessing innate (myeloid) and acquired (T cell) immune cell function, differentiation, immune cell trafficking, and tissue/tumor microenvironment
- Experience designing and applying syngeneic and humanized tumor models to evaluate novel immunotherapy candidates
- Prior experience working with or leading collaborations with external academic, biotechnology, and contract research organizations
- Experience in mentoring and/or leading Ph.D. level and non-Ph.D. level scientists
- Ability to organize and communicate complex data sets in a clear and concise manner to key stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
- Ph.D. with 6+ years of relevant post-Ph.D. experience in Biotech/Pharma
- Drive discovery and development of new therapeutics for cancer immunotherapy and inflammatory disease
- Lead and participate in collaborations with internal and external collaborators to pursue the most promising drug candidates through clinical trials
- Build a world-class immunology team
- Write and contribute to intellectual property, study reports, regulatory filings, and scientific presentations
- Present at group, company, and external meetings/conferences
- Contribute to a dynamic and exciting culture that embraces teamwork and innovation