Flagship Pioneering is launching FL67, a privately held, well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company that is pioneering the control of epigenetic mechanisms in cancer.
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:SYRS), Axcella Health, Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
This new Flagship Labs venture is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our team.
FL67 is seeking an innovative and highly motivated Scientist or Sr. Research Associate with expertise in genetics, epigenomics, cellular and molecular biology, and NGS assay development to play a key role in the company’s efforts to discover novel molecular markers for cancer. The candidate will be working under the direction of a Scientist or Senior Scientist and will be responsible for optimizing, executing, and reporting on experimental protocols. The successful candidate will work closely with the FL67 team to rapidly advance the scientific program. The ideal candidate must be organized, goal oriented, and eager to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Design, execute, analyze, and communicate scientific findings
- Construct NGS libraries and conduct QC analysis at scale
- Implement technologies and develop novel assays
- Organize laboratory operations
- Collaborate with scientists within FL67 and externally (e.g. academic collaborators, CROs)
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, epigenetics, biochemistry, or related field or BS, MS, or equivalent in the biological sciences (molecular biology, epigenetics, biochemistry, or related field) or related discipline with 2+ years of relevant laboratory experience, in academic, pharmaceutical, or biotechnology settings
- Experience with nucleic acid purification as well as NGS library construction and QC analysis. Familiarity with epigenomic profiling techniques such as chromatin immunoprecipitation or bisulfite sequencing a plus
- Familiarity with biochemical assays, such as western blotting or immunoprecipitation
- Demonstrated ability to work in highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, or technical setting
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.