Ring Therapeutics, Inc. is a privately held, well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company that is pioneering a novel transformative therapeutic approach.
Ring was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO), and Indigo Agriculture. Ring is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional program manager to join our team.
The Head of Program Management at Ring will be responsible for providing strong leadership and expertise to drive the teams (internal and external) to execute on program deliverables and initiatives required to meet the goals of the organization. This role will work in collaboration with colleagues, management, and external CROs to ensure the objectives associated with company’s focus are met successfully. This role will interface with all functional areas of the organization, establish program management processes, and support organizational planning efforts.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develops the program management function (PMO), processes, roles, and responsibilities in collaboration with colleagues and the leadership team.
- Works closely with Sr. Leadership to define program(s) strategy, goals and to define integrated work plans to meet these objectives.
- Portfolio management: manage program and project prioritization with the leadership team
- Institutes and leads cross-functional program teams consisting of representatives from the functional groups and Finance.
- Leads program teams to define and manage deliverables and timelines, facilitate decision making, and define risk mitigation strategies/contingencies.
- Works closely with Finance and cross-functional program teams to establish program related budgets and resourcing plans. Is accountable to monitor plans and ensure adherence to budget
- Leads and facilitates meetings at all levels of the organization to ensure cross alignment to corporate strategy and to manage execution of plans to meet objectives.
- Develops and utilizes key program management tools, processes, and documentation to ensure efficient program planning, execution, monitoring (metrics) and to ensure efficient tracking and reporting.
- Owns and manages key program-related reporting and documentation, including monthly reports.
- Ensures efficient and effective communications of program/project related information to all levels of the organization and external partners.
- Manages all facets of alliances and/or contractor relationships.
- As required, hires program management professionals to fulfill the responsibilities of the PMO and provides mentorship to direct reports and others within the organization.
- Degree in engineering or scientific discipline required
- Advanced program management skills required
- Advanced knowledge of drug development required
- Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in a scientific discipline and/or program management preferred
- PMP certification beneficial but not required
- Strong leader with 12+ years experience with a minimum of 8-10 years of program management experience in biotech/life sciences industry
- Experience in developing and leading high-performance cross-functional teams to achieve desired outcomes with internal and external teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; demonstrated team building and leadership skills
- Experience managing multiple complex programs and demonstrated adeptness with dynamic prioritization of deliverables and resources
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.