Company: Generate Biomedicines
TITLE: Research Associate/ Sr. Research Associate, Protein Sciences
LOCATION: Cambridge, MA
Generate Biomedicines, Inc. is a Flagship backed, privately-held biotechnology company on a mission to reimagine the drug discovery process to one of dynamic, data-driven generation. We pursue this audacious vision because we believe in the unique and revolutionary power of generative biology to radically transform the lives of billions, with an outsized opportunity for patients in need. Generate will be successful by constantly turning innovative ideas into methods, technologies, and products that solve some of the most difficult challenges with developing medicines. We are seeking collaborative, relentless problem solvers that share our passion for impact to join us!
Generate was founded by Flagship Pioneering. Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $30 billion in aggregate value. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 37 transformative companies, including: Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Indigo Agriculture, and Sana Biotechnology.
Generate is seeking a talented and motivated Senior Research Associate/Research Associate to contribute to the build out and development of its high-throughput protein production platform; encompassing protein expression and purification capabilities across a variety of mammalian and microbial expression systems for a variety of diverse protein therapeutics. The successful candidate will have a solid foundation in protein biochemistry and will work alongside a team of scientists to develop and optimize protein production and purification to enable multiple therapeutic discovery efforts.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, driven individual who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Aid in the development and implementation of strategies for rapid expression and purification of proteins across bacterial, yeast and mammalian systems from cloning to purified to quantified protein
- Contribute to expression construct design and application to deliver on platform protein production needs at various scales
- Develop and implement procedures for protein purification
- Aid in the implementation of new technologies to further enhance the capabilities of the protein production platform
- Work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders to ensure the output of protein production systems is fit-for-purpose
- BS. or M.S. in chemical engineering, biochemistry or a relevant area of biological sciences with at least 2 years of biotech/pharma industry experience
- Solid foundation in protein biochemistry and experience with high-throughput and mid-scale production of protein therapeutics using standard industry expression systems
- Experience purifying proteins using standard industry techniques and instrumentation
- Familiarity with the use of automated platforms for the expression and purification of proteins a plus
- Keen attention to detail with a strong sense of urgency and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and team-focused environment
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and communicate clearly
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.