VL50 Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company with the mission to become the leader in cell biology. VL50 explores the broad and emerging role of nucleic acid modifications and leverages novel technologies to develop treatments across multiple disease areas.
VL50 was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ:RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ:EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences, and Indigo Agriculture. VL50 Inc. is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our team.
VL50 is seeking a creative, motivated Senior/Research Associate to run experiments to develop the production process for our platform. The successful candidate will support the optimization of upstream and downstream unit operations, and interface with various groups within the organization. The candidate should be able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced entrepreneurial setting and should possess strong organizational and record-keeping skills.
- Provide hands-on support for process development and scale-up of drug substance including synthesis and purification of novel nucleic acid platform
- Execute experiments to investigate the impact of process parameters on final drug product performance
- Report experimental plans and results to scientific team and management
- BS+ 2-5 years industry experience, MS+0-2 years industry experience or equivalent in bioengineering, chemical engineering, biology, virology, biochemistry or related field
- Candidates of various experience levels will be considered. Position to be determined commensurate with experience
- Experience in RNA, DNA and/or modified nucleic acid synthesis, purification, manufacturing
- Demonstrated ability in working with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical environment
- Strong communication skills
- Experience running Design of Experiments (DoEs)
- Experience with enzymatic and chemical reactions
- Technical understanding of process manufacturing in a GMP environment
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.