Generate Biomedicines, Inc. is a Flagship backed, privately-held biotechnology company on a mission to reimagine the drug discovery process to one of dynamic, data-driven generation. We pursue this audacious vision because we believe in the unique and revolutionary power of generative biology to radically transform the lives of billions, with an outsized opportunity for patients in need. Generate will be successful by constantly turning innovative ideas into methods, technologies, and products that solve some of the most difficult challenges with developing medicines. We are seeking collaborative, relentless problem solvers that share our passion for impact to join us!
Generate was founded by Flagship Pioneering. Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $30 billion in aggregate value. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 37 transformative companies, including: Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Indigo Agriculture, and Sana Biotechnology.
Generate is seeking to expand the Research & Development team by recruiting a talented Enzymologist to play a leading role in the development of the Enzymology program. This position would be responsible for assay development and design of experimental approaches to assess enzyme activity and stability, as well as to help guide and develop the overall strategic approach of the Enzymology group. The applicant should have a strong background in Enzymology including (but not limited to) expression, solubility, localization, activity, and substrate specificity. We are searching for an enthusiastic, innovative, well-organized and highly-motivated individual who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Develop a portfolio of assays to asses both basic enzyme properties and specific functions
- Demonstrate creativity in experimental design and troubleshooting in order to rapidly onboard new capabilities and prototype new ideas
- Interpret and present data, provide general enzymology expertise in lab meetings and to senior leadership
- Help to develop the scientific strategy of the Enzymology group and identify new opportunities for machine learning in enzymology
- Identify and lead external research relationships with academic and commercial partners, including in vivo studies with external CROs
- Collaborate with other wet lab scientists and associates as well as the machine learning group
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on current literature and advances in the field of Enzymology
- Ph.D. in Enzymology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related field
- 10+ years of relevant laboratory experiences
- Deep technical expertise and master of associated lab techniques; strong experience with assays to assess catalytic activity, stability, solubility and substrate specificity across a broad range of enzymes required
- Experience with HTP protein screening techniques a plus
- Familiarity with computational and/or biochemical protein engineering techniques a plus
- Ability to parallel process multiple projects and modalities and support the growing portfolio
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate complex enzymatic reactions clearly to others not familiar with the field to allow for collaboration
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Ability to work independently as well as to collaborate with peers
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.