Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $30 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has attracted $2.5 billion of aggregate capital commitments, of which over $1.4 billion has been deployed toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside $10 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem includes public companies such as Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: SYRS), as well as private companies such as CiBO Technologies, Codiak BioSciences, and Indigo Agriculture.
Flagship Pioneering is seeking a Contract Recruiter with a passion for science. This role will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of hiring for key positions within Flagship Lab companies. This position manages the complete life-cycle recruiting process and is responsible for sourcing, assessing, interviewing and hiring high-performing talent to deliver business outcomes. This includes presenting qualified, diverse candidate slates to hiring managers.
The individual in this contract role will leverage passive and active recruitment methods and will serve as an advisor to HR and hiring managers. This includes consultation on candidate availability in the marketplace and guidance on talent attraction and selection methodology, offer development and negotiation as necessary.
· Leverage understanding of our business to consult with hiring managers towards the fulfillment of hiring objectives
· Work with Flagship’s internal Talent team, HR Partners and Hiring Managers to align talent attraction and recruiting approaches
· Consults with Hiring Managers in the development of robust job profiles and capabilities/experience required to ensure the best talent is sourced for each opening
· Provide expertise in sourcing and screening talent and presenting a diverse slate of qualified candidates in a timely manner
· Drive candidates through the interview and selection process working closely with Hiring Manager assistants or office managers
· Formulate recruitment strategies and action plan agreements based on time, cost, and quality
· In partnership with Flagship Internal Talent Team and HR, develop new hire compensation package recommendations based on internal equity, compensation guidelines and market data
· Act as an ambassador for Flagship Pioneering in the marketplace, positioning the company as an employer of choice to prospective talent as well as a source of insight to Flagship’s companies on our competitiveness and attractiveness to potential hires.
· Bachelor’s degree required (Science degree preferred)
· 5+ of full-lifecycle recruiting experience, with strong sourcing capabilities with experience in the biotech industry (from Talent ID to offer acceptance)
· Experience in behavioral-based interviewing and assessments
· Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills
· Excellent relationship management and judgment skills
· Able to influence and consult with business leaders
· Knowledge of compensation, employment law, OFCCP regulations, etc.
· Ability to adapt to dynamic and evolving priorities and respond to variable timelines with accuracy and urgency
RECRUITING & STAFFING AGENCIES: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.