Tessera Therapeutics is pioneering Gene Writing to cure disease. Our genome is a mosaic comprising genes that protect us from, predispose us to, and cause disease. Gene Editing biotechnologies heralded the era of genome-modifying medicines, but they cannot address most diseases. Gene Writing is a new biotechnology that writes therapeutic messages into the genome to cure thousands of diseases at their source.
The Research Associate will support the development a novel gene editing technology. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team that combines significant biologic drug discovery experience with pioneering discoveries driving a novel biological platform.
- PCR primer design and PCR optimization
- Mammalian cell culture
- Cell transfection and electroporation
- Stable cell line generation
- Fluorescence flow cytometry
- Execution and troubleshooting of experiments as well as data analysis
- Maintaining lab notebooks
- BS/MS in biological science with at least 2 years academic or industrial research experience
- Proficiency in molecular biology skills, including primer design, PCR, DNA and RNA isolation
- Experience in mammalian cell culture and transfection
- Familiar with DNA analysis software like Geneious, Vector NT, Primer 3
- Attention to detail, critical analysis of data and good trouble shooting ability are required
- Quick learner and team player
- Experience in gene editing
- Experience in High-throughput screening
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.