From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
Fivetran’s documentation receives rave reviews from our customers – it is a core part of our product. The Technical Communications Team owns technical documentation and in-product text. Our globally-distributed team of technical writers collaborates with product managers, engineers, designers, and support to produce world-class documentation and UI copy that helps our customers succeed.
As a Senior Technical writer, your mission is to make Fivetran docs a shining beacon of documentation excellence. You will write and edit documentation that empowers our customers to use Fivetran and understand how our product works. You’ll collaborate with engineers, product managers, support engineers, and other technical writers. You join a friendly team of technical writers distributed among our international offices.
As a Technical Writer at Fivetran, you will:
- Write, review, and standardize product documentation and release notes
- Review customer-facing error messages and UI text
- Use a docs-as-code approach to co-author documentation with engineers, product managers, and contributors across the company
- Improve existing documentation by reviewing it for accuracy and editing it for clarity
- Collaborate with a global technical writing team to define standards, style, and terminology as we consistently improve the voice, appearance, and usability of the documentation.
- Coordinate with other writers, developers, and other SMEs to create and maintain best-in-class customer documentation.
- Act as a resource to other functional groups looking to improve their writing and documents.
- Contribute to style guides and templates
What you bring to the table:
- 8+ years of experience documenting software or cloud applications, writing for a US-centric audience
- Experience writing for complex technology and sophisticated end users
- Great writing and editing skills with an impeccable command of English grammar
- Sound understanding of core information development processes, such as content planning, content creation, and content review
- Drive cross-team processes, and collaborate with customers and internal teams to improve documentation. Implement the best processes and practices for the technical content the team produces.
- Leadership skills in managing small to medium-sized documentation projects. Manage complex documentation projects and balance multiple tasks in a dynamic environment
- Great organizational and planning skills to manage and prioritize multiple projects with competing deadlines and the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Good judgment and clear decision-making abilities
- Mentoring and coaching skills
- Strong technical editing skills
- Ability to write clear and concise technical documentation following a style guide
- Experience organizing information so that it is easy to find, understand, and act on
- A track record of collaborating with other writers and engineers in globally distributed teams
- An obsession about getting the details right
- Burning curiosity to get to the bottom of technical details
- A positive attitude with high empathy for customers and teammates
- Great work ethic and drive for high-quality results.
- Great judgment and decision-making abilities.
- An obsession about making the customer successful
- Can-do attitude
- Agility to manage multiple initiatives concurrently in a cross-functional environment
- Experience working with SaaS companies
- Experience working in a docs-as-code environment, GitHub, Markdown, CLI, and HTML
- SQL, database, cloud warehouse, and data pipeline knowledge
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Perks of working with us:
- Medical insurance, Life Insurance & personal accident insurance
- Professional development and training opportunities.
- Company happy hours and fun team building activities
- Opportunity to work with Silicon Valley start-up working on new technologies
- Competitive total compensation package (Salary + Equity)
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.