From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
As the Manager of Site Reliability, you will take on the responsibility for the US-based group of SREs. Together with other SRE managers and engineers in EMEA, Serbia and India, you will take ownership over the reliability of Fivetran’s service, including building and monitoring repeatable infrastructure, reliability and robustness of the continuously deployed release pipeline, as well as timely and effective incident response and resolution. You will co-own the responsibility for the scalability and reliability of Fivetran’s connector infrastructure; and you will bring together and grow an Ireland-based team that reliably delivers excellent results while maintaining a culture of strong collaboration, engagement, and continuous improvement.
Leadership and Talent Management
- Plan the growth of the US-based SRE organization and hire additional team members
- Help engineers advance in their careers; Actively guide and coach them
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability
- Establish strong global and cross-team relationships with software teams and the other SRE teams around the world
SRE Subject Matter Expertise
- Scale the Fivetran Platform sustainably through automation and monitoring
- Advocate for simple, elegant, and easily scalable system design
- Support new services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, capacity planning and launch reviews
- Ability to be hands-on and willing to act as player-coach in SRE areas such as IaC, Observability & Alerting or Release Management
- Demonstrate strong accountability for infrastructure cost management
- Optimize our continuous integration and deployment process, striving for safe, frequent, and automated releases
- Advocate and enforce stringent testing and validation policies before code is shipped
- Continuously improve our 24/7 incident management process and facilitate blameless post-mortems
- Ability to iterate in the context of an evolving service environment
- Experience in managing change and getting buy-in from the organization
- A passion for SRE/DevOps and running highly resilient/automated systems
- Extensive experience in leading a Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)/DevOps team operating in a public cloud
- Demonstrate significant working knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment processes and tooling
- Proven experience in cloud-based infrastructure design and IaC
- Strong understanding and experience in security control design, implementation, and operations
- Solid technical working experience in AWS and GCP
Nice-to-haves, but NOT required (Optional):
- Hands-on experience with SOC2
- Experience with multi-cloud support
Perks and Benefits:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Referral Bonuses
- Stock equity -- every employee is granted stock options when they walk in the door
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.