From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
About the Role:
Fivetran is building data pipelines to power the modern data stack for thousands of companies. We’re looking for a software engineer with extensive industry experience to define and implement strategies to minimize risk of introducing vulnerabilities and bugs to production. At Fivetran, we think of the ability of our product to recover from failure as a product feature that is aimed at enhancing the overall customer experience
As a staff engineer on our team, under the Platform umbrella, your primary focus will be on design, development, and maintenance of libraries and tools to enable teams at Fivetran to innovate with a quality first approach. Your contributions will solve complex problems around improving the overall usefulness and adoption of the experimentation platform for the entire product base. You will collaborate with fellow Staff engineers on ideas, designs, and code reviews. You will also have the opportunity to coach Fivetran engineers to be the best in class. The ideal candidate is highly technical, detail-oriented, creative, motivated, and focused on achieving results.
Technologies You’ll likely use:
- Java11, JUnit4, Typescript
- Docker and Kubernetes
- AWS, GCP
- Terraform, WireMock, RestAssured
- Bazel, Circle CI
What You’ll Do:
- Architect solutions and proposals to lead the development strategy and implementation that helps maximize Fivetran product’s quality.
- Impact Fivetran business across product verticals through the work you do.
- Build and maintain a platform that focuses on improving the performance, quality and resilience of Fivetran products.
- Actively engage with fellow engineers in design and code reviews to ensure we deliver tools that make product development teams' lives easier.
- Develop deep expertise in Fivetran's Product, Infrastructure, and Platform.
- Communicate, coordinate, and align strategy with the engineering team members; make recommendations to improve reliability, performance, best practices, and processes.
- Work with cross-functional teams (QE, Developers, Product, SRE) across the organization.
Skills We’re Looking For:
- 10+ years of experience in the software industry with a passion for solving complex software engineering problems.
- Software engineering foundation - experience designing and developing reusable libraries and experimentation platforms for backend and frontend from scratch leveraging industry best practices.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with OOP, preferably Java.
- Hands-on experience working with any cloud technologies(AWS, GCP,Azure) and containerization methodologies like docker, K8s.
- Experience interacting with continuous integration tools like CircleCI/Jenkins.
- Strong written and verbal English skills to support complex analysis.
- Knowledge of observability tools like New Relic, Splunk, DataDog is a plus
- Knowledge of Data Engineering is a plus
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.