From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
Enterprise is a new group in Fivetran engineering that you will have an impact on building from the ground up. As an engineer in the Enterprise Group, you will contribute to and own the entire software development lifecycle for the capabilities that are critical to making our largest enterprise customers successful. You will collaborate with engineers across the engineering organization as we identify opportunities for product improvements. You will be responsible for ensuring the technical excellence of your team and owned services, by reviewing code, contributing to architectural designs, and mentoring junior colleagues.
This full-time position can be based out of our Oakland, California headquarters or remote anywhere in the United States, British Columbia, Ontario, Quebec, or Alberta, CA.
Our stack includes: Java, Postgres, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, GCP, Bazel, CircleCI
What You'll Do
- Lead greenfield projects to deliver intuitive best-in-class enterprise capabilities to Fivetran’s largest customers.
- Maintain and improve existing enterprise features; call for improvements in all areas of Fivetran's codebase and infrastructure.
- Collaborate across engineering on cross-functional projects creating innovative solutions.
- Understand and fix challenges related to performance and scalability.
- Develop, maintain, and test code.
- Participate periodically in on-call rotation.
- Participate in the hiring process.
- Make Fivetran the most reliable and secure component of our customers’ data infrastructure.
What You'll Bring
- Typically, 1- 4 years of experience writing well-structured and performant code
- Ability to define project requirements
- Proficient at designing software and infrastructure
- Ability to identify design flaws in existing systems and devise improvements
- Java programming experience
- Collaborative and works well in a team
Perks and Benefits
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Home office setup reimbursement program for 100% remote employees
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Referral Bonuses
- RSU's - every employee is granted RSU's when they walk in the door
- Annual Camp Fivetran trip that brings together every employee from around the world
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.