From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
Fivetran is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our fast-growing company. As a part of the Database Connector Team, you will be responsible to design and build new connectors, add features to our data pipelines and maintain reliable operations. We're looking for someone who wants to learn and apply the key values that make our product great, dive deep into complex investigations into data replication and contribute to a world class ELT solution composed of many disparate database connectors.
Our stack includes: Java, C, Kubernetes and many relational databases
What You'll Do
- Dive deep into data replication optimization, building new database connectors and debugging existing code that is in use by thousands of customers today. Some customers operate the largest databases in the world.
- Build and maintain new features introduced by database and cloud vendors
- Contribute to the efforts to the maintenance and improvement of existing connectors; call for improvement in all areas of Fivetran's codebase and infrastructure
- Be a part of the process to move a high performance client side service to the cloud and operate at scale
- Contribute to hiring by participating in the interview process
- 12x7 on call support one or two weeks a quarter
What You'll Bring
- Writes well-structured and performant code
- Be able to dive into code that has been previously written and suggest improvements
- Understand and can explain how to build high performance systems and processes
- Able to define project requirements and be proficient at designing software and infrastructure
Perks and Benefits:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Home office setup reimbursement program for 100% remote employees
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Referral Bonuses
- RSU's - every employee is granted RSU's when they walk in the door
- Annual Camp Fivetran trip that brings together every employee from around the world
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.