From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
The Fivetran Professional Services team takes each customer on a journey from the point of purchase to production implementation. These teams include training services and professional services. Consider these teams as a guided expert service for data replication and integration projects for Enterprise accounts.
You will be joining the Professional Services team which is an integral part of the Customer Success team dedicated to ensuring customers are able to successfully deploy the Fivetran/HVR platform. You will be responsible for providing implementation services and consulting services for both new customers, OEM partners, and existing customers.
Fivetran/HVR’s data replication platform has been implemented across many of the world’s largest enterprises. Enterprise level accounts are using Fivetran/HVR to migrate to the cloud, integrate data across a broad range of database platforms, while mitigating risk, lowering IT costs, and increasing revenue by enabling real-time business processes.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are already a proven solution consultant working in the data integration and data replication industry that is now ready to take your career to the next level. With new technologies being introduced every year, you must be a self-starter and someone that has a passion to learn new and emerging technologies in databases or data stores, both on-premise and in the cloud. In addition to the above, you will also need to:
- Work both independently and as a team member
- Be able to develop professional-level responses in a timely manner
- Plan, design, prepare, test, and deploy solutions
- Demonstrate a strong desire to share your knowledge with others
Technologies You’ll Use
- A scripting language supported by AWS, Google or Azure functions
- AWS, GCP or Azure environments and services
- 3rd-party REST APIs
What You’ll Do
- Work with customers to define analytics use-cases
- Analyse REST API documentation to inform development decisions
- Construct high-level Entity Relationship Diagrams to reflect customer data requirements & to reflect how your function will land that data
- Develop custom functions to ingest data from sources for which Fivetran does not provide a native Connector
- Ensure non-functional requirements are defined and that your delivered code meets those requirements
- Produce enablement and training collateral to ensure our customers can take responsibility for your code
Skills We’re Looking For
- Applied knowledge of a scripting language in a data engineering context
- Experience with serverless computing (AWS Lambda, Google Cloud Functions or Azure Functions)
- Experience writing production code, as well as debugging and deciphering code written by others
- Experience with CI/CD tools, predominantly the git suite
- Strong prioritisation and organisational skills
- Python experience as your scripting language of choice
- Data modeling experience
Perks and Benefits:
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.