From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
Fivetran is building data pipelines to power the modern data stack for thousands of companies. We’re looking for a talented Software Engineer with a passion for building enterprise grade software to join the database team with a strong focus on change data capture. You will be developing world-class enterprise capabilities and features in support of our largest and most sophisticated customers. The work we do is both highly visible and critically important to the long term growth and success of Fivetran.
As an engineer in the Database Group with a focus capturing data from relational databases,, you will contribute to the entire software development lifecycle for the capabilities that are critical to making our largest enterprise customers successful. You will collaborate with engineers across the engineering organization as we identify opportunities for product improvements. You will be responsible for ensuring the technical excellence of your team and owned services, by reviewing code, contributing to architectural designs.
This is a full-time position based out of our Amsterdam office.
Technologies You’ll Use
C, Java, Oracle, SQL Server, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, GCP, Bazel, CircleCI
What You’ll Do
- You will participate in the specification, design and programming of new functionality
- Maintain and improve existing enterprise features; call for improvements in all areas of Fivetran's codebase and infrastructure
- Collaborate across engineering on cross-functional projects creating innovative solutions
- Understand and fix challenges related to performance and scalability.
- Develop, maintain, and test code
- Participate periodically in on-call rotation
- Make Fivetran the most reliable and secure component of our customers’ data infrastructure
Skills We’re Looking For
- Writes well-structured and performant code
- You know how to design and code systems and software that is effective, intuitive, easy-to-operate, and elegantly simple
- You have worked with the relevant tooling and techniques: cloud services, network protocols, serialization, relational databases, etc.
- You have Java and C or C++ programming experience
- Can identify design flaws in existing systems and come up with improvements
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.