From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
Fivetran is building data pipelines to power the modern data stack for thousands of companies. We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join our core platform team and perform a healthy mix of design and implementation tasks to advance the technical foundation behind the Fivetran product offering.
This team is tasked with evolving a high performance extract-load-transform data integration system that enables our engineering teams to correctly implement hundreds of data connectors with minimal maintenance effort.
You'll help build new features of our data pipeline service, help improve our software architecture, and maintain reliable operation of the service. We're looking for people who want to learn the key values that make our product great, and implement those values in the many small decisions they make every day as a developer. You will contribute to the entire software development lifecycle and collaborate with engineers across the engineering organization as we identify opportunities for product improvements.
You don’t necessarily need to be a subject matter expert before you join us (you will be one before you leave!), but you will need to have experience working carefully with a high impact software team — especially in environments where the best option may not be obvious, your decisions have cascading implications, and where you sometimes need to measure twice before you cut once.
A successful candidate will be humble enough to collect diverse input and build consensus, will be experienced and confident enough to be decisive when it’s needed, and will be practical enough to build and iterate on the system while it’s in production. We are also looking for a high level of expertise and productivity with modern software development environments.
This is a full-time position based out of our Amsterdam office but we also welcome remote applicants from other EU countries where Fivetran operates.
Technologies You’ll Use
Java, C, Postgres, Oracle, SQL Server, Docker, Kubernetes, GCP, Azure, AWS, CircleCI, Bazel
What You’ll Do
- Design and implement features and performance improvements in the Fivetran core to create highly scalable distributed data pipelines in the cloud
- Maintain and improve existing features and call for improvements in all areas of Fivetran's codebase and infrastructure
- Collaborate with a small but mighty core team and across engineering on cross-functional projects creating innovative solutions
- Work across the project lifecycle: requirements, design, prototype, implementation, review, release, monitoring
- Care and feel ownership of our product platform, and leverage your skills towards improving it
Skills We’re Looking For
- You have C programming experience to debug and make modifications to existing code
- You either already have Java programming experience or you are keen to learn Java
- You write well-structured and performant code
- You are execution-oriented, and you find the middle ground between “perfect, but takes forever to code” and “fixes it now, but nobody will ever be able to understand what I did”
- You help us define project requirements for engineering-driven projects
- You understand the fundamentals of relevant tooling and techniques: cloud services, network protocols, serialization, relational databases, etc.
- You communicate clearly, proactively, and you accept feedback gracefully
Perks and Benefits
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Home office setup reimbursement program for 100% remote employees
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Referral Bonuses
- RSU's - every employee is granted RSU's when they walk in the door
- Annual Camp Fivetran trip that brings together every employee from around the world
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.