From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
Fivetran is seeking an exceptional Sr. Corporate Accountant, to join its fast growing Accounting team. This role will be a significant contributor to the success of the accounting department. The ideal candidate has in-depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, proficiency in accounting systems, and strong motivation to contribute to the achievement of efficient financial close and reporting processes. You pay great attention to detail, deliver results under deadlines and work effectively cross-functionally in a rapidly changing environment.
The ideal candidate is someone who strives for operational excellence. You invest time in defining and documenting processes to not only proactively address current process gaps but to also to get ahead of new processes required to support Fivetran’s continued growth.
As the Sr. Corporate Accountant, you will:
- Own multiple areas of the financial close and reporting process from end-to-end; calculate and record journal entries, obtain and review required supporting documentation, and perform account reconciliations.
- Ensure accounting records are complete and accurate by incorporating checks/balances into everyday tasks, performing frequent trend/variance analyses across all relevant general ledger accounts and investigating and resolving discrepancies timely.
- Combine GAAP accounting knowledge, operational experience and critical thinking to problem-solving effectively and autonomously. You will proactively identify issues, gather all relevant information, develop efficient solution(s), obtain management buy-in and execute the best course of action.
- Develop and document business processes and related controls, including flowcharts as needed.
- Be a Netsuite guru. Create customized reports, saved searches, etc. and always seek to automate processes where possible.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as needed.
What you bring to the table:
- 4+ years of relevant accounting experience between public accounting and/or SaaS/Software industry
- Evidence of strong US GAAP technical accounting proficiency across internally-developed software (ASC 350-40), leases (ASC842), stock-based compensation (ASC 718), debt and equity (ASC 480) and intercompany transactions
- Strong working knowledge of Netsuite (Multi- Book), Excel and G-Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to clearly and concisely document and effectively communicate accounting matters and related processes to both accounting and non-accounting personnel
- An ability to effectively manage multiple deliverables cross-functionally and with external parties
- Strong work ethic and ownership of tasks
- A desire to work in a hyper-growth, quick paced, exciting business environment
- CPA (active) and Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
Perks and Benefits:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Home office setup reimbursement program for 100% remote employees
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Referral Bonuses
- RSU's - every employee is granted RSU's when they walk in the door
- Annual Camp Fivetran trip that brings together every employee from around the world
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.