From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
Fivetran is looking for a high-performance, experienced engineer to be a part of a team of Site Reliability Engineers. You will be working closely with engineering teams, product managers, as well as support and sales engineers to build the future of the Fivetran Data Platform Reliability.
As a member of the Site Reliability Engineering team, you will take ownership over the overall performance and reliability of Fivetran’s infrastructure, the robustness of the deployment pipeline, as well as timely and effective incident response and resolution. You will take responsibility for the growth and stability of Fivetran’s infrastructure, and be a key player driving effective incident response and overall issue avoidance.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for ongoing reliability and robustness of Fivetran’s production infrastructure by monitoring availability, capacity, and throughput.
- Evolve systems by adding reliability into our product roadmap.
- Coordinate the re-prioritize or fix critical bugs for support or sales requirements as needed.
- Make recommendations to production infrastructure by interfacing with engineering to ensure 100% availability.
- Ensure scalable artifacts deployment to all environments by automation scripts.
- Constantly monitor infrastructure vulnerabilities and remedy them by working with the security team.
What You'll Bring
- 2+ years of experience working on Site Reliability Engineering or DevOps
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes and Terraform
- Knowledge of one of major cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP and Azure
- Experience in Python/Shell scripting
- Experience with Linux operating systems internals and administration
- Working experience in Golang
- Experience with databases such as PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of all three major cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Working with SaaS products at scale
- Bonus if you also have Java
- Configuration management such as Ansible
- CircleCI experience
- Networking experience (VPC, VPN)
Perks and Benefits:
- Dental and Health Insurance Benefits
- Life Insurance, Income protection and Pension Plan
- Equity in early-stage, Series D Scale-up
- A healthy work culture with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development.
- Excellent Family Leave Program
- Company happy hours and virtual team building events
- Social/ Wellness/ Volunteer activities
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.