From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
Fivetran has an exciting career opportunity for a Senior Procurement Manager, who will be responsible for driving the procurement vision and strategy, working cross functionally to enable procurement from initial request though final delivery, contract negotiation, and execution, as well as ongoing vendor management. The position will be responsible for strategic and tactical sourcing, buyer activities, procurement operations and third party risk management.
This role is an opportunity for a highly motivated individual with a demonstrated background in procurement and vendor management, capable of both hands-on individual contribution and strong leadership in a dynamic fast paced environment. The individual must demonstrate highly effective collaboration internally and externally, have a passionate focus on success, commitment to continuous improvement and a relentless drive to win. The role will proactively develop, maintain and execute plans for our vendor portfolio and in collaboration with our business partners, be primarily responsible for managing the ‘cradle to grave’ vendor management lifecycle. Key responsibilities will include partnering with business partners to select third party service providers, vendor due diligence, successfully negotiating business contracts, leveraging vendor relationships, conducting risk assessments, reporting exceptions, and overseeing vendor management. The successful candidate must have strong analytical and communication skills and a proven ability to build relationships with senior level stakeholders across the organization to ensure overall alignment of objectives and priorities. The position will report to the VP Accounting.
As the Senior Procurement Manager, you will:
- Build and scale a world-class global procurement function to support Fivetran’s growth
- Be responsible for daily procurement activities - be a hands-on leader that understands and performs daily tactical and strategic activities as necessary
- Develop robust source to pay processes, including sourcing and vendor management
- Design and deliver Fivetran’s strategic global vision on sourcing, negotiating, and vendor partnerships
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders including legal, security, FP&A and internal business partners to identify, understand and fulfill their procurement requirements
- Continually explore new technologies to optimize performance, efficiency, and transparency to stakeholders
- Partner across the departments to develop and execute strategies for spend categories
- Proactively collaborate with business partners and stakeholders to lead contract negotiation with vendors; develop negotiation approaches, fallback positions and acceptable terms and conditions through contract completion and identify key benchmarks to measure contractual arrangements
- Educate stakeholders on the sourcing processes and how procurement can add value
- Lead and set strategy for vendor contract negotiations and vendor rationalization, to optimize existing vendors to deliver cost reduction, quality improvement, innovation and increased utility
- Review existing contracts and understand business requirements; formulate guidelines and design standard vendor contract protocols
- Identify risks associated with key vendors and manage and monitor vendor performance against negotiated SLA and MSA terms
- Develop a procurement policy to establish a preferred vendor list that addresses financial viability, compliance with company policies and procedures, and business continuity plans
- Establish a vendor life-cycle strategy to oversee planning, sourcing and selection of new vendors, manage data for vendor performance and manage vendor off-boarding and transition
- Develop financial analytics to support commercial term negotiations with performance dashboards and ROI based evaluation tools
- Establish, measure, and report on OKRs, KPIs and global procurement strategy
- Create and present financial analysis to include total costs, business case development, cost modeling, cash flow analysis and impact to annual operating plans
- Identify and realize cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities and build a culture of long-term savings on procurement costs without compromising vendor assurance or quality
- Create, maintain and development relationships within the vendor community
- Develop and deliver a global procurement training program for both internal stakeholders and vendors
- Support internal and external audit, including internal controls compliance
- Support other ad hoc projects as needed (e.g. procurement integration due to M&A)
What you bring to the table:
- 10+ years of strategic sourcing, procurement or vendor management experience; high growth technology environment preferred
- 2+ years in head-of-function leadership capacity
- Must be comfortable building an organization and department in its entirety
- Strong management skills, including communicating, directing, planning, organizing and problem solving
- Exceptional negotiating skills, along with a strong presence and ability to influence others, including senior leadership
- Strong communication and project management to demonstrate project status, key actions, risks and opportunities
- Self-directed, able to work independently, as well as work in a team-orientated and dynamic environment
- Nimble with ability to take decisive action to address business needs that meet corporate business objectives
- Familiarity with standard contract terms and tolerances, including best practices and industry standard positions on key terms. Ability and experience building and managing a team of contract administrators and sourcing managers as first line negotiators on all vendor contracts (domestic and international).
- Superior interpersonal and presentation skills with proven track record of success in prior roles
- Demonstrated quantitative and analytical skills to problem solving with a focus on managing within a team environment with strong attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Proactively work to resolve performance issues with assigned vendors to ensure effective and timely resolution
- Ability to successfully leverage technology and financial systems to extract and analyze data
Perks and Benefits:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Home office setup reimbursement program for 100% remote employees
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Referral Bonuses
- RSU's - every employee is granted RSU's when they walk in the door
- Annual Camp Fivetran trip that brings together every employee from around the world
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.