From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
Fivetran is building data pipelines to power the modern data stack for thousands of companies. We’re looking for a Strategic Finance Manager to focus on top line metrics and strategic planning. This role will serve as a key partner to our Sales organizations and requires a well-rounded individual who has demonstrated the ability to deliver results in a high-growth, dynamic, and fast-paced environment. You are versatile, analytical, motivated, creative, intellectually curious, a strong communicator and collaborator. In this role, you will drive value and empower decision making through data, reporting, and analyses that impact Fivetran’s success as a company.
This is a full-time position based out of our Oakland office / Remote.
Technologies You’ll Use:
G-Suite, NetSuite, Workday, Charhop, Looker, Salesforce, Mosaic
What You’ll Do:
- Ownership of the annual budgeting process and monthly close and forecast process for the global Sales organization.
- Partner with the Sales organization to conduct strategic analyses and develop insights that drive the business.
- Partner with cross-functional teams beyond Sales (Sales Operation, Marketing, Product, Engineering, Legal, Finance and Accounting) to provide financial and business leadership to support business decisions.
- Lead the month/quarter-end close process and prepare review packages for executive business partners
- Build critical Executive and Board of Directors materials on business performance and strategic business decisions
- Create, track, analyze and report on key business metrics to drive strategic business decisions
- Prepare ad-hoc financial analysis and communicate and present results of analysis across various levels of management
Skills We’re Looking For:
- 4 - 6 years experience in FP&A or a related finance role
- Advanced Excel skills with ability to build models and reports
- Prior experience supporting Sales is a strong plus
- Experience with cloud-based or software as a service (SAAS) companies is a plus
- Ability to embrace ambiguity and break down complex problems to provide clear and effective recommendations
- Excellent communication skills; can establish credibility, build consensus, and partner cross-functionally without direct authority
Perks and Benefits:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Home office setup reimbursement program for 100% remote employees
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Referral Bonuses
- RSU's - every employee is granted RSU's when they walk in the door
- Annual Camp Fivetran trip that brings together every employee from around the world
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.