From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
Staff Software Engineer
About the Role:
Fivetran is building data pipelines to power the modern data stack for thousands of companies. We’re looking for a Staff Software Engineer for our data pipeline service to build and work on data pipeline that moves data from various source to data warehouse.
The work is very diverse – all the way from patching software to building new connectors operating on our global Kubernetes compute cluster. You will be responsible for ensuring the technical excellence for your team and owned services, by contributing to the code, reviewing code, contributing to architectural design and mentoring your junior colleagues. You will understand the key values that make our product great, and implement those values in the many small decisions you make every day as a product designer.
This is a full-time position based out of our Bangalore
Technologies You’ll Use:
Java, SQL, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, GCP, CercleCI.
What You’ll Do:
- You'll be working with Cloud APIs, SQL, and NoSQL databases, events, etc.
- You'll be working on the core data pipeline that moves terabytes of data from all our customers to their data warehouse.
- You will process the data into clean, incremental, automated updates.
- As a technical leader in the team, you will drive engineering excellence within the technology team, come up with architecture and design, work closely with engineers in the team to review designs and contribute directly to code.
Skills We’re Looking For:
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills, with recent hands-on software development experience
- Experience in architecting reliable distributed systems, with an emphasis on high-volume data management within enterprise and/or web-scale products and platforms that operate under strict SLAs
- Experience and expertise in building back-end services and data systems
- Broad technical knowledge which encompasses Software development and automation
- Experience with use of wide array of algorithms and data structures
- Strong knowledge and expertise in working with Java, AWS, Cloud-based APIs, databases, software design and programming best practices
- Entrepreneurial mindset, excellent communication, and technical leadership skills
- Mentoring and guiding junior staff
- Create and contribute to an environment that is geared to innovation, high productivity, high quality and customer service
Perks and Benefits:
- 100% paid Medical, Accidental and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave.
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Referral Bonuses
- Stock equity -- every employee is granted stock options when they walk in the door
- Annual Camp Fivetran trip that brings together every employee from around the world
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.