From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
We are on a mission to empower teams and individuals with accurate, highly usable data quickly and reliably. Our products are low-configuration by design, and everything we do is aimed at helping our customers avoid the unnecessary complexity found in our industry. We are looking for bright and empathetic individuals to come help shape the future of data-backed decision-making. Fivetran is on a mission to be an integral part of the Modern Data Stack, and our latest 100MM funding round is helping us do just that!
Design at Fivetran
The Brand Design team lays the foundations that help Fivetran accelerate. We do this by creating, evolving, and maintaining Fivetran’s high-quality, versatile, and forward-looking visual identity design system. We sweat the details. We make it seem effortless.
Brand Designers at Fivetran demonstrate a passion for great design and for expanding, evolving, defining, and documenting flexible design systems that achieve bar-raising quality and consistency for the brand at scale. The ideal candidate excels across a variety of styles, crisply articulates design decisions, and has strong experience designing for websites and design systems.
About the Role
We’re looking for a web designer who can create beautiful, performant, accessible, interactive, and scalable websites. As a visual designer with a web focus, you will design experiences for Fivetran’s brand, primarily across Fivetran.com. You will work with our web team to run experiments, as an advocate for our brand standards.
What you’ll do:
- Design easy-to-use, performant, and exciting web experiences.
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, product managers, and marketers.
- Contribute to highly complex, critical projects, managing aesthetics, brand alignment, clear communication, and quality.
- Understand the technical, creative, and temporal constraints of a project, making pragmatic tradeoffs with stakeholders.
- Participate in the full project lifecycle from ideation through launch.
- Maintain and suggest evolutions of our design system and existing style guides with a holistic consideration for the future of our brand.
- Provide regular, direct, and impactful feedback in crit.
- Identify and help to organize design-led projects, events, and discussions, spreading design thinking and enthusiasm throughout Fivetran and the wider design community.
- Work with external contractors to provide art direction and communicate design and technical needs for ongoing and one-off projects.
What you’ll need:
- A strong portfolio of visual and web design work living in production, and the ability to articulate how your designs support your team's goals, the broader product vision, and company objectives.
- Strong understanding of layout, typography, and visual hierarchy.
- Knowledge of Webflow.
- Experience with building libraries and components in Figma.
- Exposure to and at least a basic understanding of HTML/CSS.
- Experience working with in-house design and development teams.
- Ability to define and propose projects in addition to designing them.
- Ability to flex and adapt as new challenges and opportunities arise.
- Strong communication skills. You can lead design conversations and communicate complex ideas, goals, and problems in a way that is accessible to both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Experience with creating iconography
- Experience with creating or extending illustrations
- Experience with animation (CSS animation, Lottie, AnimeJS)
Benefits and Compensation:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.