From our founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, your data just arrives in your warehouse, canonical and ready to query, no engineering or maintenance required. As we watch more and more companies leverage our technology to become truly data-driven, we’re proud not only of our growth but also of the fact that we’ve grown without compromising our core values.
We do the right thing, even when it's harder in the short run. We challenge the status quo by reasoning from first principles.
Fivetran belongs to all of us. We take ownership and are accountable for getting things done. Through curiosity, learning, and coaching, we grow as individuals and teams.
One team, one dream.
We share the pains and successes of our customers, partners and colleagues. We seek, gather, and trust a diverse group of teammates with different perspectives to guide Fivetran's progress.
If these values resonate with you, we’d love to hear from you.
Fivetran is seeking an exceptional Sr. Manager, Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting, to join its fast growing Accounting team. This role will be a significant contributor to the vision and overall success of the accounting department. As the subject matter expert for US GAAP, you will partner closely with our finance, legal and business teams to provide them with top-notch accounting guidance that will allow them to drive the business forward. You will have the opportunity to advise on a broad range of business issues and continually improve our financial and operational processes.
The ideal candidate is thoroughly familiar with US GAAP and technical accounting subjects, such as revenue recognition, capitalized commissions, leases, business combinations/asset acquisitions, stock-based compensation, debt and equity instruments and consolidations. As well, the candidate will have experience leading the technical accounting activities of a pre-IPO company as it embarks on its journey from private to public. Lastly, the ideal candidate can lead the practical application of technical accounting to everyday business activities and communicate complex technical matters effectively to non-technical teams. This is a newly created role and reports directly to the Corporate Controller.
As the Sr. Manager, Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting, you will:
- Proactively identify, independently research, and document complex technical accounting and reporting matters
- Prepare clear, concise and timely technical accounting white paper memos on complex, non-routine transactions
- Lead the planning, coordination and execution of technical projects, including business combinations/asset acquisitions, the launch of new revenue streams, the adoption of new accounting standards/pronouncements and IPO readiness initiatives
- Prepare US GAAP compliant financial statements, footnotes disclosures, and other financial reporting documents (e.g. 701 disclosure packages)
- Develop, document and maintain Fivetran’s accounting policies, practices and controls. Establish a solid control environment that will support our progression from private to public
- Partner with the broader accounting team to implement efficient, scalable, US GAAP compliant accounting processes. Automate within Netsuite and other tools where possible
- Partner with the Corporate Controller and other business leaders to establish and execute upon Fivetran’s IPO readiness roadmap
- Liaise with external auditors to drive timely accounting conclusions and disclosures. Act as the primary point of contact throughout the audit process
- Educate and provide training to other members of the accounting team on technical accounting matters
- Hire, coach and mentor a high-performing Technical Accounting team
What you bring to the table:
- CPA (active) and Big 4 public accounting experience required
- 7+ years of relevant accounting experience between public accounting and SaaS/Software industry
- 3+ years of progressive management experience in technical accounting, SEC reporting or equivalent
- IPO readiness experience
- Evidence of exceptional US GAAP technical accounting proficiency across revenue recognition (ASC 606), capitalized commission (ASC 340), leases (ASC 842), stock-based compensation (ASC 718), business combinations (ASC 805), debt and equity (ASC 480)
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to clearly and concisely document and effectively communicate complex accounting and reporting issues to accounting and non-accounting personnel
- A desire to work in a hyper-growth, quick paced, exciting business environment
- Netsuite experience preferred but not required
Benefits and Compensation
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
Shaped by the real-world needs of data analysts, Fivetran technology is the smartest, fastest way to replicate your applications, databases, events and files into a high-performance cloud warehouse. Fivetran connectors deploy in minutes, require zero maintenance, and automatically adjust to source changes — so your data team can stop worrying about engineering and focus on driving insights. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.