From our founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, your data just arrives in your warehouse, canonical and ready to query, no engineering or maintenance required. As we watch more and more companies leverage our technology to become truly data-driven, we’re proud not only of our growth but also of the fact that we’ve grown without compromising our core values.
We do the right thing, even when it's harder in the short run. We challenge the status quo by reasoning from first principles.
Fivetran belongs to all of us. We take ownership and are accountable for getting things done. Through curiosity, learning, and coaching, we grow as individuals and teams.
One team, one dream.
We share the pains and successes of our customers, partners and colleagues. We seek, gather, and trust a diverse group of teammates with different perspectives to guide Fivetran's progress.
If these values resonate with you, we’d love to hear from you.
Fivetran is seeking an experienced Revenue Accounting and Operations Manager to join its fast growing Accounting team. You have strong technical and revenue operational experience, and proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-task-oriented environment. As the subject matter expert for ASC 606 and ASC 340, you will evaluate and document technical accounting conclusions for our revenue streams and capitalized commissions. You will refine Fivetran’s order to cash processes (contract analysis, billing, collections, month-end close and financial reporting), by automating through relevant systems (existing and future implementations). You possess a strong collaborative approach and can build effective cross-functional relationships with various departments including Sales, RevOps, Customer Success, Deal Desk and Finance.
The ideal candidate is an experienced CPA with at least 7 years of progressively responsible experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm and a hyper growth SaaS company, with a minimum of 3 years in a revenue specific role.
As the Revenue Accounting and Operations Manager, you will:
- Lead the global revenue and commissions close processes, including the review and approval of journal entries, reconciliations, fluctuation analysis, and financial reporting deliverables.
- Ensure timely and accurate usage-based billing, refunds, credits and payment application.
- Provide thought leadership, guidance, and strategy on technical revenue recognition matters; providing counsel to both the accounting and other cross functional teams on how to apply revenue recognition guidelines for SaaS offerings.
- Perform and document detailed technical accounting analyses over revenue recognition (incl. professional services) and commissions, ensuring compliance with ASC 606 and ASC 340.
- Develop and maintain best-in-class cross-functional billing and collection processes and controls; work closely with Sales and Customer Success teams to continuously identify and remediate process inefficiencies in billing and collections.
- Partner with Deal Desk to develop processes and controls to identify, track and execute non-standard, complex revenue arrangements and billing, as needed.
- Lead the implementation and management of billing and collections systems across Netsuite and Salesforce; continuously seek to automate processes where possible.
- Monitor and proactively manage customer collections to ensure payments are received on-time and in-full; take the required actions to resolve past due accounts in collaboration with internal teams, including Customer Success, Sales and Revenue Operations.
- Hire, coach and mentor a high-performing Revenue Accounting and Operations team.
What you bring to the table:
- 7+ years of relevant accounting experience between public accounting (Big 4) and SaaS/Software industry (consumption-based pricing model preferred)
- 3+ years of progressive management experience in revenue accounting operations
- Excellent accounting research and problem solving skills; strong knowledge of both ASC 606 revenue recognition (SaaS and professional services), and ASC 340 (capitalized commissions) required
- Experience leading global Order-to-Cash financial close and reporting processes
- Management experience; strong leadership skills with the ability to coach, mentor and develop others, and motivate teams to produce quality work with tight timeframes
- High attention to detail and a customer service orientation
- Demonstrated self-initiative that drives a desire for impact and achievement
- Comfort with fast-paced environments and openness to change
- Preferred experience: Netsuite (Advanced Revenue Module), Salesforce, Avalara, Stripe, usage/consumption based customer billing, AWS and GCP marketplaces
- CPA certification (active or inactive)
Benefits and Compensation
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
Shaped by the real-world needs of data analysts, Fivetran technology is the smartest, fastest way to replicate your applications, databases, events and files into a high-performance cloud warehouse. Fivetran connectors deploy in minutes, require zero maintenance, and automatically adjust to source changes — so your data team can stop worrying about engineering and focus on driving insights. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.