About the role: (This is the introduction paragraph specific to the role. See Fivetran careers for examples.)
This management position will ideate, develop, direct, and evaluate strategic initiatives and programming to support the company’s rapid growth, accelerated productivity and participation, and cultural integrity.
The Sr. Director of Sales Learning & Leadership is integral to the design, implementation and evaluation of foundational learning and professional development activities including strategically assessing development needs, orchestrating learning skills and career development of the salesforce, employee orientation, education, and training, management development, and values-driven leadership development.
When this job is done well, results will yield high levels of engagement, productivity, retention and cultural alignment (cross-functional, cross-hierarchy and cross-site).
As a (role) at Fivetran, you will:
- Deliver high quality, impactful and innovative experiences to new sellers from Day 1 of the learning journey; drive engagement early and often through multiple mediums
- Identify foundational pre-work, curriculum, programming and peer-to-peer connections
- Work in tandem with SMEs to prescriptively specialize learning as new sellers advance through their onboarding journey
- Impact how every sales leader leads. Own high-visibility, high-value work that will have a clear and lasting impact on the company’s culture and business success.
- Create the learning experiences that will enable our leaders to:
- Develop their team members
- Build high-impact teams in alignment with the company’s business strategy
- Partner with sales leadership and HR to establish a sales competency and assessment framework to ensure that the nuanced needs of salespeople, and their managers, are met.
- Use appropriate tools and delivery methods to produce blended learning materials promoting learning through self-study, practice, performance support, socialization and knowledge-sharing
- Continuously evaluate and update leadership development initiatives against broader organizational strategy and success metrics
- Assist in leadership assessments and support succession planning process
- Lead and encourage learning with positivity and optimism
- Hire, lead and develop a team and oversee an operational budget to support effective use of outside vendors and resources
- Lead a nimble, world-class team, bringing the best out of every team member and creating a culture of high-performance, people development, innovation, and collaboration
- Create, monitor and report metrics on all programming to consistently measure productivity
- Use data insights to shape the learning roadmap and priorities
- Partner with regional stakeholders to align successful global execution of initiatives; safeguard quality, while honoring regional nuances.
- Constantly draw upon the latest innovations in adult learning and development and continually push the company to go beyond the status quo
- Partner with leaders to execute on Diversity & Inclusion priorities and drive learning-related initiatives that make the company a better place for everybody to work
- Create clear, consistent communications targeted for different programming, levels, and stakeholders to ensure clarity, alignment, and uptake on the programming offered
- Establish agreements around stakeholder and collaborator participation
- Create learning briefs, hold dry runs and provide real-time feedback to verify delivery aptitude
What you bring to the table:
- 8+ years of full-cycle sales experience
- 4+ years of direct experience onboarding, training, and enabling a sales team
- Exceptionally clear communicator
- Experience training global sales teams
- Calm under pressure: Maintain stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
- Strategic thinker: Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way.
- Enthusiastic: Exhibit passion and excitement over work. Have a can-do attitude.
- Excel in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Experience in SaaS, subscription based selling
- Coordinated and run in-person global sales kickoff and training events
- Scaling an enablement team through hyper-growth
Perks and Benefits:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs