Mission and Ownership:
Fivetran is looking for an Engineering Manager to join the engineering leadership team. You will be working closely with engineers and product managers to build the future of the Fivetran Data Platform.
As an Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of engineers, and coordinate with other stakeholders at the company, including product management, support engineers, and sales engineers. You will take full responsibility for the quality, efficiency, and reliability of your focus areas; and you will build and maintain a team that reliably delivers excellent results while maintaining a culture of engagement, fairness, and continuous improvement.
- Develop engineers on the team and help them advance in their careers
- Recruit engineers that are amongst the best in the industry, from outreach through close
- You will diagnose and resolve obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software
- Manage the processes necessary to operate the team effectively
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as part of the engineering management team
- You will foster an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor
Job Skills Requirements
- You have 10-15 years of industry experience.
- You have 4+ years of experience in a software engineering management role
- You have 4+ years of experience working as a software engineer
- Strong leadership skills and a proven ability to motivate teams to produce high quality software
- Aptitude in decision making and problem-solving
- Demonstrated competency in project and program leadership
- Ability to develop and communicate an effective vision and get buy-in from stakeholders
- Ability to assess and iterate within an evolving software and services environment