From our founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, your data just arrives in your warehouse, canonical and ready to query, no engineering or maintenance required. As we watch more and more companies leverage our technology to become truly data-driven, we’re proud not only of our growth but also of the fact that we’ve grown without compromising our core values.
We do the right thing, even when it's harder in the short run. We challenge the status quo by reasoning from first principles.
Fivetran belongs to all of us. We take ownership and are accountable for getting things done. Through curiosity, learning, and coaching, we grow as individuals and teams.
One team, one dream.
We share the pains and successes of our customers, partners and colleagues. We seek, gather, and trust a diverse group of teammates with different perspectives to guide Fivetran's progress.
If these values resonate with you, we’d love to hear from you.
Fivetran is looking for ambitious, independent software engineers who want to have a big impact at a fast-growing company. You will work on our core data pipeline and the connectors that bring in data from many sources we support. We are looking for people who can understand the key values that make our product great, and implement those values in the many small decisions you make every day as a developer.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Fivetran:
- You'll be working with Cloud APIs, SQL, and NoSQL databases, events, etc.
- You'll be working on the core data pipeline that moves terabytes of data from all our customers to their data warehouses.
- You will process the data into clean, incremental, automated updates.
Job Skills Requirements
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in Software Engineering or Computer Science and from a reputed institution with 6+ years of experience
- Hands on Java Experience
- Experience with NoSQL DBs (MongoDB, DynamoDB) - Query Optimization, Data Modeling, Data Replication.
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills, with recent hands-on software development experience
- Experience in reliable distributed systems, with an emphasis on high-volume data management within enterprise and/or web-scale products and platforms that operate under strict SLAs
- Broad technical knowledge which encompasses Software development and automation
- Experience with use of wide array of algorithms and data structures
- Expertise in working with Java, AWS, Cloud-based APIs, databases, software design and programming best practices
- Entrepreneurial mindset, excellent communication, and technical leadership skills
- Create and contribute to an environment that is geared to innovation, high productivity, high quality and customer Service
Perks of working with us:
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company happy hours and fun team building activities
- Opportunity to work with Silicon Valley start-up working on new technologies
- Competitive total compensation package (Salary + Equity)
Shaped by the real-world needs of data analysts, Fivetran technology is the smartest, fastest way to replicate your applications, databases, events and files into a high-performance cloud warehouse. Fivetran connectors deploy in minutes, require zero maintenance, and automatically adjust to source changes — so your data team can stop worrying about engineering and focus on driving insights. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.