About the role
Fivetran Support partners with some of the most passionate teams in the world, our customer’s teams, to deliver a best in class experience. Via a collaborative and holistic approach that is focused not only on resolution but also prevention of future issues the Lead Customer Support Engineer (CSE) acts as our customer’s technical champion within Fivetran. At Fivetran our CSE’s take on exciting technical challenges while partnering with customers both internal and external to drive issues to an outcome that exceeds expectations.
The Customer Support team is responsible for creating solutions and providing excellent experiences for every customer.
As a Lead Customer Support Engineer you will be working with new and existing customers in a highly technical capacity, ensuring successful onboarding of new customers and continued success for existing valued customers.
This is a full time position based out of our Bangalore office.
As a Lead Customer Support Engineer at Fivetran you will:
- In conjunction with leadership and management, you will need to partner with engineering to design troubleshooting tools, alerts and notifications to improve our ability to support our customers.
- Help define and improve processes.
- Lead and drive technical and non-technical projects in your pod.
- Onboard and coach new team members in your pod.
- Act as Subject Matter Experts (SME)
- Identify and proactively support Fivetran customers and partners via multiple channels (web, email, phone, virtual meetings, etc.)
- Share and communicate roadmaps with external teams, as well as, understand & align team goals to deliver results efficiently.
- Participate in weekend on-call support rotation once per quarter.
- 8- 14 years of experience.
- Strong Customer Advocacy skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Highly developed, process-oriented skills for troubleshooting, problem solving, and issue resolution
- Combination of empathy and confidence to lead escalations in your pod
- Lead teams with a passion for building a positive culture where we leave our ego at the door
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment, and function in global arenas
- Excellent networking troubleshooting abilities and understanding of the TCP/IP model
- Solid experience with databases (SQL and NoSQL) and SQL commands/ functions and procedures
- Experience building or troubleshooting APIs
- Understanding of Data Warehousing fundamentals and concepts
- Comfortable navigating Github and submitting pull requests
Perks of Working At Fivetran
- Medical insurance, Life Insurance , personal accident insurance
- Professional development and training opportunities.
- Company happy hours and fun team building activities
- Opportunity to work with Silicon Valley start-up working on new technologies
- Competitive total compensation package (Salary + Equity)