From our founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, your data just arrives in your warehouse, canonical and ready to query, no engineering or maintenance required. As we watch more and more companies leverage our technology to become truly data-driven, we’re proud not only of our growth but also of the fact that we’ve grown without compromising our core values.
We do the right thing, even when it's harder in the short run. We challenge the status quo by reasoning from first principles.
Fivetran belongs to all of us. We take ownership and are accountable for getting things done. Through curiosity, learning, and coaching, we grow as individuals and teams.
One team, one dream.
We share the pains and successes of our customers, partners and colleagues. We seek, gather, and trust a diverse group of teammates with different perspectives to guide Fivetran's progress.
If these values resonate with you, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role:
Fivetran is looking for a high performance, experienced Senior Software Development Engineer in Test to collaboratively define a vision around quality and build the strategy, team, process, and tools to achieve it. You will be working closely with the greater Engineering Organization, In this role, you will grow, nurture, and lead a multidisciplinary team to develop critical test infrastructure, enact approaches that bring quality further upstream, and share actionable data that keeps quality top of mind.
As a Senior Software Developer in Test (SDET), you will:
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Development Managers during sprint planning to identify features to test and automate
- Monitor the code coverage for each pull request
- Write and review test cases to ensure end-to-end test cases have the right coverage
- Increase automation coverage of end-to-end tests for their specific domain needs
- Certify new features, hot fixes, and production releases
- Conduct exploratory testing of Fivetran products
- Review regression suite results and log tickets for failures
- Execute performance benchmark tests, profile slow calls, and share results with the engineering team
- Perform incident analysis and performance monitoring in production
- Help support/dev team to reproduce production failures in staging environment
- Broad knowledge and hands-on technical experience in test methodologies and automation development
- Experienced with infrastructure environments such as AWS, Google Cloud, Docker, etc.
- Able to communicate effectively with fellow developers about quality related needs
- Able to assess and iterate within an evolving software and services environment
- Able to code new automated tests incorporated into the back end of a product
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
Shaped by the real-world needs of data analysts, Fivetran technology is the smartest, fastest way to replicate your applications, databases, events and files into a high-performance cloud warehouse. Fivetran connectors deploy in minutes, require zero maintenance, and automatically adjust to source changes — so your data team can stop worrying about engineering and focus on driving insights. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.