About the role:
Fivetran Support partners with some of the most passionate teams in the world, our customer’s teams, to deliver a best in class experience. Via a collaborative and holistic approach that is focused not only on resolution but also prevention of future issues the Customer Support Engineer (CSE) acts as our customer’s technical champion within Fivetran. At Fivetran our CSE’s take on exciting technical challenges while partnering with customers both internal and external to drive issues to an outcome that exceeds expectations.
The Customer Support team is responsible for creating solutions and providing excellent experience for every customer. As a Customer Support Engineer you will be working with new and existing customers in a highly technical capacity, ensuring success for our existing valued customers. This is a full time position based out of our Bangalore/ Oakland/ Dublin office.
As a Customer Support Engineer at Fivetran you will:
- Work closely with Fivetran customers and other stakeholders to ensure timely resolution of reported incidents.
- Take end-to-end ownership of customer cases, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause, and case resolution.
- Provide troubleshooting support to Fivetran customers and partners via multiple channels (web, email, phone, virtual meetings, etc.)
- Investigate incidents utilizing the Fivetran environment, connectors, logs, and other troubleshooting tools.
- Work closely with Fivetran’s engineering team by submitting well-documented bugs which arise from customer submitted cases.
- Work with Fivetran’s Product team to ensure feature requests are addressed and handled in a timely fashion.
- Document any known or newly identified solutions in our knowledge base.
- Participate in weekend on-call support rotation once per quarter.
- Collaborate with teammates on technical and non-technical projects.
- Strong Customer Advocacy skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Highly developed, process-oriented skills for troubleshooting, problem solving, and issue resolution
- Good teaming skills with a passion for building a positive culture where we leave our ego at the door
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment, and function in global arenas
- Basic understanding of networking fundamentals and the TCP/IP model
- Ability to troubleshoot distributed systems using tools such as ping and telnet
- Experience with databases (SQL and NoSQL) as well as basic SQL commands such as insert and update
- Experience building or troubleshooting APIs
- Understanding of Data Warehousing fundamentals and concepts
- Comfortable navigating Github and submitting pull requests
Perks of Working with Us:
- Dental, and Health Insurance Benefits
- Life Insurance and Income protection
- Equity in early-stage, Series C Startup
- A healthy work culture with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development.
- Working from home equipment stipend
- Family Leave Program
- Company happy hours and fun team building activities