From our founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, your data just arrives in your warehouse, canonical and ready to query, no engineering or maintenance required. As we watch more and more companies leverage our technology to become truly data-driven, we’re proud not only of our growth but also of the fact that we’ve grown without compromising our core values.
We do the right thing, even when it's harder in the short run. We challenge the status quo by reasoning from first principles.
Fivetran belongs to all of us. We take ownership and are accountable for getting things done. Through curiosity, learning, and coaching, we grow as individuals and teams.
One team, one dream.
We share the pains and successes of our customers, partners and colleagues. We seek, gather, and trust a diverse group of teammates with different perspectives to guide Fivetran's progress.
If these values resonate with you, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role:
As a key contributor to our sales engineering team, you’ll serve as a technical champion to uncover true customer needs and demonstrate Fivetran’s powerful value proposition. Working with our enterprise sales counterparts, you’ll help acquire new enterprise customers, expand relationships and drive revenue growth. Your breadth and depth of knowledge in the next generation of data stacks will expand significantly, and you’ll help shape the product roadmap. You’ll passionately position Fivetran as the next generation Modern Data Stack.
As a Lead Sales Engineer at Fivetran, you will:
- Develop and promote a strategic vision as to how Fivetran will provide value to the customer, while solving near-term defined business problems.
- Stand as the technical liaison, collaborate with internal sales, marketing and product teams to develop customized presentations, demos, PoC’s and trials
- Contribute to sales scripts, customer discovery, implement prototypes, share knowledge expertise, and guide solution development/deployment
- In-depth knowledge of Fivetran, the entire data stack, and quickly learn any new data systems to demonstrate Fivetran’s value proposition to customers to get them excited about working with Fivetran
- Keep current on product releases and new features, assist in training new hires and colleagues
- Respond to functional and technical elements of security questionnaires, RFP’s and RFI’s
- Provide proactive support to customers and prospects to ensure their successful adoption of the technology
- Document and deliver both product feedback and new requirements from prospects to the Fivetran product team
- Support the marketing & partner functions by delivering Webinars, Partner Enablement sessions and participate in Industry Events where we can discuss the benefits of Fivetran.
- Experience in a technical client-facing role, ability to influence users, technical and executive audiences.
- Experience in SaaS solutions & Cloud-Based architecture (AWS/GCP/AZURE)
- Experience within large-scale Database and/or Data Warehouse technology, ETL, API, analytics and cloud technologies
- Understand and qualify customers’ goals and challenges
- Savvy presentation and demonstration skills articulating the value of the modern data stack to key stakeholders. You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it.
- Advocate for team selling, partnering with sales to qualify opportunity and align key customer stakeholders
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high energy environment
- Work independently, adapt quickly, and maintain a positive attitude
- You deliver customer support like you expect to receive it; with excellence.
- Able to think critically about data and how it is used to solve problems using analytics, visualisations or statistics.
- Curiosity to learn and assimilate technical information quickly, enthusiasm to share and teach others
- Available for up to 20% travel
- Fluent in English, an additional language a plus
Perks of Working with Us:
- Dental, and Health Insurance Benefits
- Life Insurance and Income protection
- Equity in early-stage, Series C Startup
- A healthy work culture with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development.
- Working from home equipment stipend
- Family Leave Program
- Company happy hours and fun team building activities
- Learning a tremendous amount about SaaS sales, and the data space
Shaped by the real-world needs of data analysts, Fivetran technology is the smartest, fastest way to replicate your applications, databases, events and files into a high-performance cloud warehouse. Fivetran connectors deploy in minutes, require zero maintenance, and automatically adjust to source changes — so your data team can stop worrying about engineering and focus on driving insights. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.