Fivetran is seeking a Corporate Accounting Manager to join our fast growing Accounting team. The position requires a well-rounded individual who has demonstrated the ability to deliver results in a high-growth, dynamic, and fast-paced environment. You are versatile, analytical, motivated, creative, intellectually curious, a strong communicator and collaborator. You enjoy getting into the details of new transactions but can also step-back and review journal entries, fluxes and reconciliations at a higher analytical level. You are the primary process owner for global financial close, stock-based compensation, internal-use software, allocations, international accounting, intercompany transactions and other areas as identified by management. You strive to improve processes through automation and will play a key role in system integrations. Perhaps most importantly, as a people manager you will provide support to your team members and invest in their growth and success.
As the Corporate Accounting Manager you will:
- Manage a team of accountants in their daily responsibilities, review of their work, and invest in their growth.
- Lead the monthly, quarterly and annual close process; assist with financial reporting activities.
- Perform monthly journal entries and reconciliations for areas not limited to: Stock-based compensation, internal-use software, allocations, international and intercompany accounting.
- Review monthly journal entries and reconciliations for areas not limited to: Commissions (ASC 606) and payroll accounting, leases (ASC 842), fixed assets, accounts payable, accruals, accounts receivable and cash.
- Assist in the documentation and implementation of internal controls, processes and policies.
- Drive process improvement and automation efforts to streamline accounting operations; assist in system integrations to/within Netsuite.
- Work with cross functional teams to identify problems, process gaps and propose reasonable and creative solutions to improve processes including opportunities for automating manual processes.
- Assist with the creation and preparation of ad hoc schedules and reports as required by management.
- Support the annual audit with external auditors by preparing and reviewing audit schedules and responding to requests and inquiries for responsible areas.
- Participate in ad hoc projects, as needed.
What you bring to the table:
- CPA or equivalent (active or inactive)
- 7+ years of relevant accounting experience between public accounting (Big 4) and SaaS industry (consumption-based pricing model preferred)
- 3+ years of progressive management experience; strong leadership skills with the ability to coach, mentor and develop others, and motivate teams to produce quality work with tight timeframes
- Accounting research and problem solving skills required, preferred knowledge in ASC 718 Compensation—Stock Compensation, ASC 606 Deferred Commissions, ASC 350-40 Internal Use Software, ASC 842 Leases
- Experience leading global financial close processes involving consolidation of parent and subsidiaries, intercompany eliminations and translation of foreign currency transactions/balances
- Strong analytical skills, efficient, and self-motivated with the ability to recommend, develop, document and implement process improvements across the organization
- Excellent communication, collaborative skills and demonstrated ability to partner with cross-functional teams
- Ability to prioritize workloads, tasks, meet deadlines and respond to changing priorities in a hyper-growth environment
- Required experience: Netsuite (advanced), Excel (intermediate/advanced)
- Preferred experience: Salesforce, FloQast, Avalara, Stripe, procurement systems (Expensify, Airbase, etc.)
Benefits and Compensation:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs