About the role:
Fivetran is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Platform Security to help us in designing and building security features, libraries, and internal tools at a fast-growing data company. Our platform security team is responsible for areas such as customer segmentation, code hardening, credential security, connection auditing, and internal “firewalls” that protect our customers from Fivetran itself. You’ll work across our software stack, from customer facing dashboard features, to back-end encryption SDKs used by our entire engineering organization.
We're looking for people who are passionate about software engineering, and “Blue Team” security, and want to ensure that thousands of Fivetran customers can sleep soundly, knowing that Fivetran is the most hardened component of their data stack.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Design and implement systems and framework libraries that enhance the security of Fivetran
- Conduct design and code reviews using a deep understanding of security principles and industry best practices
- Provide security guidance to new projects and initiatives
- Experience in software service design, object oriented code development, and cloud infrastructure
- A high attention to detail in code reviews, design feedback, and troubleshooting
- Has experience designing service/system roles, and authentication protocols, and authorization controls
- Has experience applying cryptography based on an understanding of the principles, and familiarity with common libraries (e.g. OpenSSL, BouncyCastle, NaCl/libsodium, etc.) and cloud services (AWS KMS)
- Works very collaboratively in a team setting
- Can identify design flaws in existing systems and come up with improvements
- Codes in Java
- Experience with security in Kubernetes (K8s)
- Experience with sandboxing (gVisor, AWS Firecracker)
- Experienced working in a cloud environment utilizing AWS, GCP, Postgres, Kubernetes, Docker, CircleCI, or similar technologies
Perks and Benefits:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs