The Fivetran security team is responsible for ensuring the continuous integrity, confidentiality, and availability of customers’ data. Our customers necessarily trust us with all their most sensitive information, and we consider maintaining that trust to be a critical, core component of our product and business.
The Staff Security Engineer is responsible for the architecture and development of frameworks, systems, and solutions to address current and future threats to the Fivetran product. These security concerns are ever-evolving, making the security team an extremely dynamic environment to work in.
As a Staff Security Engineer at Fivetran you will:
- Lead AppSec for Fivetran globally defining overall strategy and success with Fivetran’s CISO
- Work with engineering teams to design secure solutions
- Build tools to secure our internal workflow: improving segmentation and auditability
- Vulnerability management including documenting new vulnerabilities, prioritizing remediation of open issues.
- Assist developers at Fivetran in writing secure code through training, code review, and mentorship
- Develop processes to identify security issues early in the development process
- Ability to write careful, high-quality code that solves engineering and security problems
- 7+ years experience as a application security engineer
- Experience securing Java web applications
- 6-8 years of experience building software
- Ability to develop threat models, security design reviews, and architecture
- Strong communication skills and a proclivity towards collaboration
- Deep understanding of the web architecture, IP networking, cloud computing, and data confidentiality
- Ability to uphold best practices in engineering, security, and design
Perks and Benefits:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs