The Manager, Workplace Operations role leads our global workplace strategy for our employees across our locations. Our Workplace Operations team is responsible for curating and sustaining our unique work environments around the world, helping to bring our values and culture to life in the physical and virtual sense. We are responsible for all details related to physical and virtual spaces, and we are a key influencer of the employee experience by way of our workspaces, services, and amenities. The role will ensure that all office locations fit the needs of the growing organization, oversee office operations budgets, and will make sure that all office locations are safe, accessible, and inclusive.
Reporting to the VP, People this role leads the Workplace Operations team, which is responsible for delivering programs and projects that impact our employees daily. You increase employee workplace engagement and ensure our workplace team and workplaces are representations of our company values of integrity, initiative, and 1 team, 1 dream. Our ideal candidate is detail-oriented, adaptive, and excited to create a seamless workplace experience for all of our employees. This role has a lot of opportunities for growth as our team expands. If you have a passion for connecting with people and a knack for organizing, we want to hear from you about this exciting opportunity!
As a Global Workplace Operations Manager, you will:
- Lead and develop the Global Workplace Operations team to make sure we provide productive and inspiring office environments, create and deliver amazing experiences, and build strong communities.
- Project manage facility and workplace-related projects to define the scope, develop logistic plans, set up budgets, create and maintain proper tracking procedures.
- Oversee the functioning and maintenance of building systems, such as facilities, security, and life safety. Enforce a level of uncompromising cleanliness to ensure cleaning is executed daily to the highest standard. Conduct quality control walkthroughs to address immediate issues, pre-empt potential future issues, and identify areas for improvement when required.
- Build strong internal relationships with Fivetran employees and workplace stakeholders; specifically, Legal, Finance, IT, and Recruiting. Work closely with senior leaders to deliver all workplace-related services.
- Possess strong budgeting and forecasting skills, identify risks or concerns in potential options, and negotiate lease contracts.
- Partner with the Finance team to manage the annual operating expenditure budget and capital budget for the Operations team.
- Oversee office moves, real estate expansion, and maintaining relationships with brokers, architects, and other vendors.
- Remain updated on technical and professional knowledge by attending educational workshops, joining professional associations, building networks with fellow professionals, and reviewing industry publications.
- Create and execute employee experience events including company lunches, happy hours, holiday gatherings, etc.
- Act as a partner to the leadership team as we look to return to an in-person office environment over the next few months.
- Lead the logistical planning for our annual company retreat to ensure a world-class employee experience.
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of experience managing workplace teams, remote offices and global offices, facility operations for a mid-sized company that is growing rapidly (bonus if you’ve done this at a start-up!)
- You have managed an office operations budget and multiple vendor contracts
- Proficient in Google Apps (Mail, Calendar, Docs, etc.)
- Experience event planning can execute logistics for internal company events
- Your time management, prioritization, attention to detail, and follow-through are outstanding
- Experience driving multi-stakeholder projects in a high-growth environment
- You are an over-communicator, never leave important details behind, and always have “Plan B” solutions up your sleeve
- You are a natural leader with a strong sense of urgency and take initiative without waiting for direction
- Strong intercultural intelligence and are passionate about diversity, equity, and inclusion
- You are creative and have the ability to find unique solutions while remaining flexible during any unforeseen logistical complications
- You have managed an office of at least 200 people including facilities, space planning, deliveries, etc.
- You have previously managed an office move or office-build out
- Able to lift 30 lbs and willing to take on the physical aspects of managing an office space